Where should I stick my regulator?

Trying to figure out where the best place to stick my regulator will be.

I plan to either use an aeromotive 13240 regulator and place it on the driver side, either along the side crossbeam(A) or the back frame member (B).

My preference would be B because then it's a straight, short shoot to the carb, but I don't know if anything on the engine will bang into it (it's off-centered from the centre, so waterpump won't be an issue)..... does anything go there?

(old crappy picture warning)
reg.jpg

How 'bout on the lower left side of the lower crossmember, room for it there.
The "A" and "B" solutions could interfere with coolant hoses, harness, etc.

Hmmm, maybe.

What about option C - using a return log at the carb? Then I don't have to worry about device placement, because it's right at the carb, haha.

Perhaps wait until the engine is in the car to determine it's position. That way you will get it perfect the first time.

In the meantime, why don't you stick it up your ...

I think position b would be getting close to your ls3. This is a photo of where mine went, but your position a looked good. i should have roatated mine 90 degrees, my fuel gauge reads down. Dooh! How are you returning your coolant line?

Attachments

• fuel2.jpg
    fuel2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 231
That's a good position, but I don't think reading the gauge would be very fun, haha.

not certain about coolant lines yet, but i'll probably get my friend to weld me up a set of 1-piece line.

btw, i was looking at your fuel picture and your pre-pump filter confuses me - aeromotive uses -10orb ports ..... you have the filter screwed right into the tank with only 1 fitting .... to my knowledge there isn't any such thing as a 3/8''npt to -10orb (o-ring) fitting......

Alex,

I'm of the "school" to wait for that engine to be dry fitted to get the lay of the land. But, if you use Cam's mounting position, just use an inspection mirror....:thumbsup:

Could you post a photo of the LongAcre Camber adapter?

Thanks,

Doc

I think i got that -10 by 3/8 out of the summit catalog. This is how Fran set up Craigs car initially. I'm sure that's been changed tho.

For the Fuel gauge, I'm goning to shine up the Aluminum real nice so i can see its reflection? No, Ok, I hope i'll set the fuel pressure once and not mess w/ it too often. If not i'll add a 90.

Attachments

• P3190902.jpg
    P3190902.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 227
If I were you i'd double check that fitting - there's no such thing (that I'm aware of or can find) that's -10AN o-ring straight cut to 3/8''NPT. -10AN to 3/8''NPT, but not -10an orb........

leaky leaky = burny burny = :(

Back