Impending RCR visit!

I am just a week away from seeing an SLC in the flesh for the first time! We are going on vacation next week to stay with friends in MI and I will be visiting RCR on Monday the 28th. I am very excited to check out the car, it's so hard to get a feeling for the vehicle through pictures alone. I can't wait :pepper:

That's great John. I'm confident that you will have a good experience there. It was my visit to RCR that really put me over on the decision to get my SL-C.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
John

You'll have to watch for the "check out" counter staff after your visit

I believe they are experts at extracting cash and credit cards from wallets. Many on this site have found this to be so - money extracted but a large grin inserted on your face (m akes people wonder what you've been doing!)

That sid next time I'm over in USA I plan on making a trip to the the RCE factory

Ian

Ian,

Thanks for the warning! That won't be a problem for me at the moment, I am only about half-way there fiscally. ( I will keep that in mind if I see a roadster though! ) I wish they had a "pay as you go" plan like some of the other kit manufacturers where you can buy parts packages or stages at different times - the older I get, the less patience I seem to have.

John

Last edited:

Ron McCall

Supporter
If you like it in pictures ,you will LOVE it in person. I am not the biggest fan of it in most of the pictures I have seen of it but every time I see it in person I absolutely love it! It is one car that pictures do no justice at all.

If you like it in pictures ,you will LOVE it in person. I am not the biggest fan of it in most of the pictures I have seen of it but every time I see it in person I absolutely love it! It is one car that pictures do no justice at all.

Definately awesome in person, but how could you not love it in pictures!

sp1-1.jpg

mslc2.jpg

gc1.jpg

:e-drooool:

It's weird though how slight angle changes in the pictures can make it look like a whole 'nother car.

To be brutally honest, when I viewed some at RCR Australia I did not like the relatively high roof line with "bubble". Overall, the car is fantastic, but for me is not as attractive as the low, wide, flat GT40.
My 2c worth.

Dalton,

The 40 is a classic and any other roofline simply wouldn't work on that car for sure! But, the SLC mirrors more closely the DP-style which has the higher roofline. I agree that some angles really exaggerate the bubble, but most don't in the flesh. And....it adds variety to our decisions of what to build!

I too find the SLC somewhat awkward at certain angles and incredible at other angles. It's interesting how many car designs are like that. One of the great things about RCR is the one stop shopping. If you don't like the SLC, there's always the 40, or the P4, or...

I had a very nice visit at "the shop". A friend and I spent about 3 hours looking at all of the interesting bits. I have to say the SLC definitely looks better in the flesh! Yellow seems to be the color of choice as there were 3 or 4 yellow SLC's in various stages of construction. After looking at both rear end styles I really like the original "race" version over the new one. Just a personal preference of course!

I am somewhat disappointed that there weren't any cars that were near completion. I was able to sit in a chassis but the seat wasn't attached and there were no doors installed so I am still unsure of visibility. My torso is fairly long and I am not yet confident I can fit comfortably with a helmet. I guess I need to find a finished car to sit in and check the fit. Needless to say, I didn't get a ride so can't answer to that aspect of the vehicle either.

Overall it is an impressive piece of work and I think it has a lot of potential. I definitely haven't seen anything on the market that comes close to the SLC for the price!

The SL-C can have dropped floors and adjustable pedals. I too, have a long torso and 6 ft. tall. Plenty of room for me with a helmet. Visibility is very good, excepting to the rear as to be expected. The mirrors do the job, but I'm installing a rear view camera anyway. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the visit a RCR.

I also prefer the wing with the original rear clip and mine is a street car. Best bang for the buck anywhere IMO!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
John,

pleasure having you guys come by...

As I mentioned to you, the finished ones dont hang around very long and had you been here a week earlier you could of had your pick of finished cars to try on for size..

White is now the "in" colour as there are two here now ,another one being readied in the coming weeks...and another sold on Thursday.

As Jay Salmon has mentioned about his Dads car...here http://www.gt40s.com/forum/rcr-forum-rcr40-rcr70-p4-mkiv/32048-jms-iii-slc.html ....finding another customers car that you fit in perfectly will be nigh on impossible...you may just need to get cracking and build your own....:laugh:...and now you can buy the SL-C in stages...all your wishes have been met...:thumbsup:...

You really need to find a home for that Fezza drivetrain...

Last edited:
Fran

I remember you mentioning at lunch that you were paying crazy money to get some ECU's re-programmed. Shoot me an email with the application and mods you wanted and see if it's something I can help you with.

Any pics of the SLC in red?

John

ECUs?

Carb's don't use ECUs?? :confused:

And as we all know, real men use carbs, therefore why the need for ECUs? :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Next up - why 1000hp is the minimum for every SLC =)

:laugh:

Back