Rcr 917 / ls3

Hi all

A customer of mine has bought Donnies RCR 917. THe car is now back in the RCR factory to be completed.

The intention is to built a fast track car. Here is the spec:

RCR 917
Engine: LS3 376/480
Exhaust: Catalytic converters and silencers to meet the 98dB rule of most european tracks
Gearbox: 930 with LSD
WHeels: 11x15 front and 14x15 rear with AVON Slick tires
Cockpit adjustable Swaybars.
fire suppression system

It will be a very original looking car with originalstyle rear flaps, evtly center wing, functional brake and freshair ducting, original rear lights,
originalstyle interiour,

TOM

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
How are you going to keep that engine cool? I remember Fran saying something about the 917 not being the best at water cooled engine cooling ability.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Toms customer is a German too and he decided against that old school , home brewed air cooled engine of the people and wants a high tech pushrod engine instead....

It´s all about power to weight ratio and also about user friendlyness.

It will be track day car, built with the intention to need little maintenance on the drivetrain.
A porsche drivetrain with same power ( 500 HP) would cost at least 4 times the money and would require much more service.

I kind of realy love this idea. We will do a crossover exhaust sytem to disguise the typical V8 sound a bit.

Looking forward to be able to ride this beast

TOM

Keith

Better than 8 mate, especially if they're horizontally opposed.

Well it's his money but if I saw a Porsche 917 replica and it made a Chevy noise, I'd be very ill.

I like this idea. I think the v8 is going to provide a lot more thrust a lot cheaper, with out the non-linear power and complexity of a turbo. The crossover exhaust should help with the chevy sound. Dont get me wrong, i would love to see somthing other than an American V8 in this Panzer . But you have to admit that the v8 has some attractive points.

There is some photos of a bailey edwards 917 with a ford v8 on this site somewhere. They put very large NACA ducts just ahead of the rear tires that directed air to 2 radiators.

Tom, I am interested to see what kind of solution you come up with for the cooling. Please take pics when you have it all figured out.

Better than 8 mate, especially if they're horizontally opposed.

Well it's his money but if I saw a Porsche 917 replica and it made a Chevy noise, I'd be very ill.

Keith,

Everyone after his desire, feel free to order one fitting your´s

TOM

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Are you thinking of something like the Schuppan 962CR version?

SWEET! Hard to believe that they could get two seats into that cockpit, but I do notice you'll still be rubbing shoulders. On the bright side, that eliminates the need to deal with a console!

Man, I can imagine one of those driving on the streets/roads!

Cheers from Doug!

Back