Superlite Eagle @ 25 Hour of Thunderhill 2010

Howard Jones

Supporter
Re: Superlite Eagle @ 25 Hour of Thunderhill 2010

I'll post what I shoot when I get home. Me and Rob are going up in the morning.

Hhhhmmmm...
Fran working away with drill in hand.....looks like he is installing the even bigger brembo brakes the team ordered up at the very last second. At the race development upgrades....not the best sign.

I see some nice bits in the photo.

Off to Howard's now....

I am guessing that he is just mounting the brake cooling hose but can't tell for sure.

Now that I look at it again, perhaps not. Are those the standard uprights?

What exactly is the purpose of this 25? At first I thought it was just kit stuff, but I see it isn't.

Is it to basically drive a car for 25hrs straight?

I'm guessing he was dealing with a bearing problem, and some stripped threads in the upright.

Just checked in on live scoring... GTM was in sixth place & about three laps down at just past 2hr mark.
The Superlite eagle was in 68th place & some 37 odd laps down..

Tried to get the link up but it wont work, I used ..25 hr race @ thunderhill.. to google for link to nasa site.

That can't be good being almost 60 laps behind first...Is this staggered start? Or were there mechanical problems? I don't understand what I'm seeing? =(

Keith

I would guess he is out. Car has only completed 28 laps - leaders are on lap 84. # 18 is clearly stopped. The leader is same class (ES) and #18 is shown as 56 laps behind him.

That can't be good being almost 60 laps behind first...Is this staggered start? Or were there mechanical problems? I don't understand what I'm seeing? =(

Must have been a mechanical at some point early on. There are two cars in this race that appear to be 10+ seconds per lap faster than everyone else.

I understand they started a full 20 minutes later than the "green". Maybe some alternator/battery problem as well.

Last edited:

Keith

That would have put them about 12 laps behind at the start.

I guess that's that? They havn't moved past 28laps.

PDG is really tearing it up.

And damn, radicals are impressive. I knew they were fast, but they're smoking it out there.

Alex, it's still running but very far down because of the aforementioned gremlins. Speaking with Rob, seems a $2.00 resistor was one of the culprits. Going to attempt to salvage a fast lap though. Very short glimpse here: Justin.tv - teamrdr3 - Robert Davis Racing at ThunderHill

Thanks for the link Will!

I'll not post anything further and let Fran or someone else that is there give the real scoop.

Keith

Alex, it's still running but very far down because of the aforementioned gremlins. .

Beg to differ Jack - it's total running is only 28 laps - the lap counter hasn't moved in a couple of hours at least and #18 is now 98 laps down..

Back