RCR Visit

Chuck

Supporter
Since Ryan had a bit of time for spring break, we decided to make a pilgrimage to Detroit to visit Fran and explore options for our next project.

We are still leaning towards an XJ 13. But I need to do a bit more research on the Jag V12 to make sure we are comfortable diving into those new waters.

Lots of activity at RCR. Several SLCs under way, a couple of GT 40s, the Porsche 904, just to mention a few.

Thanks Fran for taking time to discuss the long list of questions we had for you.

Attachments

• March11A.jpg
    March11A.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 515
  • March11B.jpg
    March11B.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 503
  • March11H.jpg
    March11H.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 529
  • March11J.JPG
    March11J.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 548
  • March11D.JPG
    March11D.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 519
  • March11I.JPG
    March11I.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 787
  • March11O.JPG
    March11O.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 504
  • March11C.JPG
    March11C.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 510
Is Fran offering the 904 kit now? I know someone who may be very interested in it!!! :thumbsup:

Edit: Never mind. Just saw the thread about this car being a one off...

Last edited:
RCR, Beck, M&W, Thunder Ranch and Specialty Auto-Sports make some version of the 904. Beck is the only dedicated assembler and has delivered about 15. There are minor body-style changes. M&W is closest to the original configuration throughout. TR is close and uses the elephant ears. RCR is 'hot' with the Cayman. SAS uses the 6-cylinder Subaru Tribeca engine. All are quite nice, a bit pricey and you have to wait.

We are still leaning towards an XJ 13. But I need to do a bit more research on the Jag V12 to make sure we are comfortable diving into those new waters.

Hi Chuck

Your current car line up:
-Mustang Fastback
-GT40
- COBRA 427 ( which you sold)

It think the car missing in this row is the FORD GT MARK IV in a badass hardcore race version

TOM

Chuck

Supporter
Hey Tom

Actually what we wanted to do was recreate the picture of Caroll Shelby taken from an elevated position surrounded by the 65 Mustang GT 350, the GT 40 Mark I, and a Cobra 289. Maybe we should build the Cobra 289 so we can get that picture?

To complete the collection, in addition to the Mark IV, we would need a Shelby Daytona.

Somehow I don't think it's gonna happen . . . . But thanks for the thought!

Hey Tom

Maybe we should build the Cobra 289 so we can get that picture?

To complete the collection, we would need a Shelby Daytona.

Somehow I don't think it's gonna happen . . . . But thanks for the thought!

correct because it´s not a RCR and i think from the two possible big suppliers of this kits, the one from US is not up to your standards and the SA one will not give you enough to build by yourself.

TOM

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
That last pic looks like a Porsche Flat Six. Am I correct? A 962 build...wink. Or is that the 904...

That last pic looks like a Porsche Flat Six. Am I correct? A 962 build...wink. Or is that the 904...

I'd say the 4th picture in the set is a 962. Interesting that it uses cast front uprights and steel front suspension arms, Notice how far forward the end of the footbox is.

not a 962...billet uprights actually

Hhhmmmm...So is that what a 917 looks like without the body on it then? That would make more sense as it features the 'old style' upright, smaller brakes and way forward footbox. Looking forward to seeing the 962 chassis.

Last edited:
Back