NEW Martini RCR917 Toronto show this weekend

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am proud to say that Toby Fellows "RCR Canada" will have two cars on show in at the Toronto "Megaspeed" Auto Show this weekend....

His lovely SL-C and a beautiful RCR917 will be on display...

Here is a sneek peek of the RCR917 in polished gelcoat...keep in mind Toby only received this approx one month ago as a kit (ignore the incorrect camera date)....

GO TOBY....

Attachments

• IMG_0992 [640x480].jpg
    IMG_0992 [640x480].jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_0996 [640x480].jpg
    IMG_0996 [640x480].jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,022
Last edited:
Lookin' good Fran!

BTW been doing my homework on a engine/gearbox layout and I have something that I think will blow your mind when I come to visit. Congrats on the show!

I cannot get enough pics of your RCR917s :)

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
On display...and looking pretty sexy....

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 855
  • tn3.jpg
    tn3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 792
  • tn4.jpg
    tn4.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 771
  • Mississauga-20120309-00128.jpg
    Mississauga-20120309-00128.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 824

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
A couple more ..higher res...

Now that the show is over,this car is has a few more things to be done and its for sale..essentially a turn key minus in gelcoat...available for shipping in 4 weeks....

Painted finish also available at extra cost and a little longer lead time. obviously...

The beauty is set up for the standard air cooled 911 engine and 930 trans...and has a roll cage .

Contact me directly...

Attachments

• IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
A couple more ..higher res...

Now that the show is over,this car is has a few more things to be done and its for sale..essentially a turn key minus in gelcoat...available for shipping in 4 weeks....

Painted finish also available at extra cost and a little longer lead time. obviously...

The beauty is set up for the standard air cooled 911 engine and 930 trans...and has a roll cage .

Contact me directly...

Is this a tube chassis like the original 917 or the monocoque and rear tube chassis. Is that whatever I can see from these photos it looks like the rear tubes are slim unlike the other RCR version where those look thicker. How much are you asking for this car?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Louis,
it is a mono/tube chassis and the tubes are the same size as all our others......contact me directly for more details.

Sorry Ben, they (pics) do exist but havent had time to sort through them. Stand by and I will post some. Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. It was quite frantic to make the show as I had 16 days to prepare the car. Many late nights needless to say but we have all been there. Despite many of the systems being absent from the car at the show it placed 1st runner up in the vintage race-car class and was only just edged out by a beautifully prepared vintage corvette that had years of prep. If I still have the car next year it will be back and take the top prize if it kills me. If not I will build another but leave myself a little more time. The other bright note of the weekend was that my SL-C won its class so all in all it was a very productive weekend. Makes all the hours spent in the shop worthwhile. I do love these cars. Summer is almost here Lads at least up north here and I can't wait. Hope everyone is well and having as much fun as I am.:thumbsup:

Back