Body Gel-Coat Colors

Hey guys - I need to make a fairly quick decision on my gel-coat color. I've seen pictures of black, yellow, green and...., but still on the fence. If you have a chance - any pictures of the gel-coat colors below can be e-mailed directly to me at: mike at(@) firstchoiceclaims.net

Sincerely appreciated -- Mike

Here's the current color choices:
Red
gulf blue
deep blue
grabber blue
deep green
ninja green
orange
yellow
white
black
grey primer

Last edited:
It will be painted - just do not know if sooner or much later. If later then white or gray is out. The choices I listed are the available gel-coat colors.

My choice would be either white or black if it is to be painted. Mine is black and will become Liquid Silver Metallic when painted.

Depends on how picky you are about it's looks in gelcoat. Actually I would chose white if it's not going to be painted for awhile. White is the easiest to buff up, will look the most like paint (see Alex's car) and the easiest to brush touch-up if there are imperfections in the gel coat.

I totally agree with Rob on this one. White is easiest to touch up and will hide a lot of sanding marks if you're not too careful when buffing/sanding.

My suggestion is ask the people that you're getting the body from for chips. They should be able to provide you with samples. Get actual chips of the colors. Any photo may be off from what the real color will be. Would you buy carpet from just a pic? Or house paint? If you're doing it get them from your gellcoat supplier.
Mike S

Wasn't there a link to colours and paint codes of guys cars? I remember seeing it before, but can't find it.
Cheers Ray

What color are you going to paint your car ? should be you deciding factor as you get rock chips having the gel coat close to your finished color will help to hide them.

Other C+C pics

Attachments

• 7080128073_33bbb378d5_b.jpg
    7080128073_33bbb378d5_b.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 748
  • DSC02511.jpg
    DSC02511.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC02512.jpg
    DSC02512.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 662
Back