RCR D type thread

Ah yes... The lovely Jaguar D Type. I really don't have to say much more!!!

The goods (specs):
Aluminum monocoque chassis w/ IFS and live axle rear
Tubular chassis cradle from the firewall forward
Inline 6 engine
Flat back, hump back, or vertical stabilizer (the fin)
Chassis dimensions similar to original
Replica wheels
Long nose body style
Wrap around windscreen
Separated driver/passenger
More...

Price: Below $30k for a roller

ETA: Within 6 months?????????

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Had the pleasure of seeing a gaggle of D-types at Pebble Beach a couple years ago. Great looking cars! Look forward to your reports...

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I had a couple of guys here yesterday that are Jag crazies...Lou Fidanza of Fidanza flywheel and Jag racing fame was one....they were digging the D type...

I am excited to bring this to market ....more info when she is ready..

All I have to say is:

Thank you for NOT producing another Cobra! Ive got to get up to Michigan to see this sexy beast. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Edit: I've been craving a Jaguar roadster since I was a kid. First it was the E. Then, after reading about the history of the C and D types, I knew I had to have a long nosed, finned, D. I'll be going for it in a couple years (fingers crossed).

How about a few pix? Or are there ones elsewhere?
Mike S

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool! Saw one of these at cars & coffee in Great Falls VA, even prettier car in person!

No joke Fran, it seems like you are cranking out a new replica every 6-12 months, it's crazy impressive.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
It only seems like that on the outside....many of these projects have been gestating for years...and they are only now coming to fruition.

Thanks for the compliment though..

I was going to wait until the end of the month, but I couldn't resist. Fran, do you have any updates for us? New pics (of the body, chassis, rear suspension, etc)?

Thanks! I need this car!!!

Chuck

Supporter
Any one contemplating building a D Type interested in recreating details of the original needs to get a copy of this CD. "Motorsport in Detail - Volume 27 Jaguar D Type in Detail". It took me about three months to get the CD after ordering it on line. Indeed I had forgotten I had ordered it until it arrived in the mail this morning. It has a host of high resolution picturs of a single specific D Type. Studying the pictures saw a lot of little details that I had not noticed in other pictures before. Cost about $20. Money well spent.

At this point I don't recall the website where I found it . . . . just Google it and I suspect it will pop up.

I would attach some of the pics, but those pesky copyright laws . . . .

Fran,

Any news or updates for the D?

And there's absolutely no way I can get a 3.2 M3 engine in there??? What if I sent it up and had it custom mounted?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
One green and one blue one in the shop right now....

Absolutely NO engines other than Jag 6 cylinder will be supported from the factory.....ALL RHD only too

Last edited:
One green and one blue one in the shop right now....

Absolutely NO engines other than Jag 6 cylinder will be supported from the factory.....ALL RHD only too

Any chance of getting some pics? Specifically; chassis, body panels, and interior shots.

And the second part... Damn. The Jag engine is relatively cheap to buy, but incredibly expensive to modify (to 250+ hp), as far as I know...

Back