RCR D type thread

Ah yes... The lovely Jaguar D Type. I really don't have to say much more!!!

The goods (specs):
Aluminum monocoque chassis w/ IFS and live axle rear
Tubular chassis cradle from the firewall forward
Inline 6 engine
Flat back, hump back, or vertical stabilizer (the fin)
Chassis dimensions similar to original
Replica wheels
Long nose body style
Wrap around windscreen
Separated driver/passenger
More...

Price: Below $30k for a roller

ETA: Within 6 months?????????

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Had the pleasure of seeing a gaggle of D-types at Pebble Beach a couple years ago. Great looking cars! Look forward to your reports...

I had a couple of guys here yesterday that are Jag crazies...Lou Fidanza of Fidanza flywheel and Jag racing fame was one....they were digging the D type...

I am excited to bring this to market ....more info when she is ready..

All I have to say is:

Thank you for NOT producing another Cobra! Ive got to get up to Michigan to see this sexy beast. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Edit: I've been craving a Jaguar roadster since I was a kid. First it was the E. Then, after reading about the history of the C and D types, I knew I had to have a long nosed, finned, D. I'll be going for it in a couple years (fingers crossed).

How about a few pix? Or are there ones elsewhere?
Mike S

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Cool! Saw one of these at cars & coffee in Great Falls VA, even prettier car in person!

No joke Fran, it seems like you are cranking out a new replica every 6-12 months, it's crazy impressive.

It only seems like that on the outside....many of these projects have been gestating for years...and they are only now coming to fruition.

Thanks for the compliment though..

I was going to wait until the end of the month, but I couldn't resist. Fran, do you have any updates for us? New pics (of the body, chassis, rear suspension, etc)?

Thanks! I need this car!!!

Chuck

Supporter
Any one contemplating building a D Type interested in recreating details of the original needs to get a copy of this CD. "Motorsport in Detail - Volume 27 Jaguar D Type in Detail". It took me about three months to get the CD after ordering it on line. Indeed I had forgotten I had ordered it until it arrived in the mail this morning. It has a host of high resolution picturs of a single specific D Type. Studying the pictures saw a lot of little details that I had not noticed in other pictures before. Cost about $20. Money well spent.

At this point I don't recall the website where I found it . . . . just Google it and I suspect it will pop up.

I would attach some of the pics, but those pesky copyright laws . . . .

Fran,

Any news or updates for the D?

And there's absolutely no way I can get a 3.2 M3 engine in there??? What if I sent it up and had it custom mounted?

One green and one blue one in the shop right now....

Absolutely NO engines other than Jag 6 cylinder will be supported from the factory.....ALL RHD only too

Last edited:
One green and one blue one in the shop right now....

Absolutely NO engines other than Jag 6 cylinder will be supported from the factory.....ALL RHD only too

Any chance of getting some pics? Specifically; chassis, body panels, and interior shots.

And the second part... Damn. The Jag engine is relatively cheap to buy, but incredibly expensive to modify (to 250+ hp), as far as I know...

Back