wiper question

I know saw it somewhere but can not remember, can someone tell me the size of wiper blade I need. And if anyone can post pics of how they mounted the wiper motor,thanks.

I think Fran has changed the wiper motor included in the kit since I built my car but my experience may be valuable for you just the same. My kit included a lucas style wiper motor. I happened to have a left over wiper arm from a Cobra kit car. That had the correct hub to mount to the spline shaft for the wiper pivot but all the other dimensions were wrong. I went to the parts store and found an arm about the right length or longer that would fit the hub from the Cobra wiper arm by searching through all the arms they had in stock. I mounted the hub to the wiper arm. It was originally assembled with a mechanical rivit. I used some rod of the correct diameter and welded them in place. I had to bend the arm to get it the way I wanted it.

I don't have any of the dimensions handy but they are not hard to work out. Measure from your pivot to the top of the windshield. Get a blade about 75% of that length. Subtract half your blade length from your original measurement and that is the length of the arm you want.

I know saw it somewhere but can not remember, can someone tell me the size of wiper blade I need. And if anyone can post pics of how they mounted the wiper motor,thanks.

Do you have the 34001 motor? If so, PM me for pages from the build manual that address this, including pics.

i used an 18" anco blade the wiper frame is 18.5". you might be able to squeeze 1" more out of it, but not 2".

It works great but ive now got the lexan windshield so i use sparingly. it can tend to scratch.

Back