Knock/Ping and Engine Tuning

Seems relevant to most of us here.

BOE Fabrication - Lotus Elise, Exige, and Evora Performance ECM Tuning Products

knock_585.jpg

That would be one of the best written articles I have seen on the subject, might have to make that compulsory reading for a few people I know who refuse to believe detonation or pre ignition exists...unfortunately because they have to actually read it it will probably be beyond their respective intelligence levels...

Yes they are a little off on their tuning, but I do like your coyote overtaking of that sheep!!! Like a GT on a Corvette...

A very enlightening article. One thing that I hoped he would address, but did not, is the phenomena of an engine at idle that "runs on" after the ignition is turned off. I assume this is "pre-ignition" from hot spots, but it doesn't destroy the engine, as he says pre-ignition will do almost instantly. I further assume this is because the load is so low, but I'm just guessing. What's going on here?

JR

Might have to make that compulsory reading for a few people I know who refuse to believe detonation or pre ignition exists...unfortunately because they have to actually read it it will probably be beyond their respective intelligence levels...

Really!!!! Wow!!!!! I bet they believe in Unicorns though.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter

Seems relevant to most of us here.

Thanks very much; really good article. I particularly like the 14-degree "magic number." I'd love to hear a deeper explanation of "why that particular geometry regardless of any other design attributes" but have no idea where to look.

Back