LMP1 spy shots!

This weekend RCR/Superlite driver Ryan Ellis showed up for a fitting in the new LMP1 car that the factory will campaign this year in selected events.

164274_4741671390719_2140657318_n_zps2ad80eef.jpg

As reported previously, the car is designed around the popular Corvette drivetrain, which means that any LS engine can be combined with a Corvette C6 transmission (T56 or T6060) and the standard Corvette rear end. The use of these parts makes a traditional (and expensive) transaxle superfluous, and thus reduces the cost to have a competitive car on the track. Better still, there are sequential transaxle options available today that are based on the Corvette system for those who want the fastest shifts possible.

For further reductions in running costs, the control arms are the same side-to-side (just flipped upside down when swapping sides).

As in all RCR products, the control arms are carefully CNC-machined from billet aluminum for strength, lightness and visual appeal.

Everything about the car is designed for easy maintenance, a fast build, and incredible performance for the lowest possible cost.

579056_4741671630725_888784450_n_zps5fc1d32e.jpg

Target weight is under 2000 lbs, which with the 700 HP engine that is targeted for the car along with suspension that replicates the original LMP car from which it was derived, should make for incredible lap times for those drivers able to fully exploit the car.

Orders are being taken now at the factory, and several have already been sold.

Production cars will be available soon, and all LMP1 owners will have free access to setup data gathered by Team Superlite Cars as they campaign the car this year.

Real deal LM spec Caddy or R8 was 6-700hp and 900kg (1984lb), so this thing at 2K lb and 700hp will be a bullet!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Yep.....thats my plan....and just like the original orange rendering shown of the LMP...its the real deal...

I certainly try to live up to the highest expectation....mine!!!!

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
I certainly try to live up to the highest expectation....mine!!!![/QUOTE]

THAT is what's making your business so successful!

I thought it was cool getting fitted for a suit. This guy gets to wear a car...

If he has a hot girlfriend like U of Alabama homecoming queen, im gonna puke.

JK, he wears it well...

Looks awesome! I wish you'd picked another color so I could have orange. Is there a purple gel coat?

Do you have a testing or racing schedule yet? The family makes me schedule my trips pretty far in advance and I want to see this thing run.

JustinH

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
No purple as yet.....but could probably find one....purple, really?

No set dates yet as we have some commitments to customers to build them cars and they come first...
We want to run the two cars the SLC and the LMP at the same events...
UTCC for sure...NARRA at VIR with ALMS....Road Atlanta, Road America, Mid Ohio

I thought it was cool getting fitted for a suit. This guy gets to wear a car...

If he has a hot girlfriend like U of Alabama homecoming queen, im gonna puke.

JK, he wears it well...

The hot girlfriend thing sounds nice... that would be a nice addition. That will be our next RCR/SLC project. :thumbsup:

Awsome !

How tall ( short) is Ryan ?

Any idea of how much downforce this design will create at various speeds ( let say at 100 mph)?

may need to sell my 962 stuff he he !

TOM

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Car will accomodate 6 2" with no issues....Ryan is sitting very upright and he drives with the steering wheel under his chin...NASCAR style....

Downforce depends upon wing angle etc etc as you know ....keep in mind that we dont have to worry about the same rules that the ACO/FIA mandated for the LMP1 class in 2001-2002 so we are able to increase the downforce level....and we will btw....

Compare lap times between the 962 and the 2001 LMP with similar power level approx 650 hp and decide how quickly you need to sell your 962 parts......

Interesting. Fran, is the 962 heavier than the Caddy? What do you think the main reason behind lap time difference between the two?

which track would you compar?On which track which stayed the same between 85 and 01 the 962 and the CADDY have been run?

Le Mans is difficult to compare
Circuit N°8 – 13.528 km 3:15.99 (243.486 km/h)
in 1986J.Mass
Porsche 962 C

Circuit N°14 – 13.629 km
3:18.513 (247.160 km/h)
in 2008S.Sarrazin
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP

Allways thought that the tunnel cars have been superiour in roadholding compared to the flat bottom cars.

Anyways the LMP1 realy got me thinking what to do with my 962 parts. especially if you compare effort and cost of building to the fun and running cost on track

TOM

Back