Learning more about SLC

Fran, fellow board members:

I've done tons of reading in the recent past about the SLC. Amazing work Fran. I plan on pulling the trigger on one in the near future, though I can't quite decide if I'm going to build it or have someone else build it. The joy of me knowing every single wrench that was used, nut and bolt on the car, etc, as well as how beneficial that is if something were to happen, is enough in itself to make it happen in my garage. Unfortunately, like most of us who have great responsibilities in the workplace & family, time is not on our side.

I've done plenty of searching. Who actually does complete builds? What is a realistic build time in the garage? If I worked at it 40 hrs a week, what would the time requirement actually be?

Looks like Rapier went under, though Fran at RCR was actually building those complete? I also read of a company in California, but it looks like they only have a few SLC's under their belt.

Also, what transaxles are you guys using? Where do you find the bell housings and clutches to match correctly with the flywheel/motors?

I fully intend on having a 1000hp machine. Money isn't too much of an issue. I was thinking of putting it together and then sending it to Heffner or UGR to do the twin turbo install and tuning.

The SLC is a perfect blend of insanity, class, uniqueness, power, driveability, reliability, etc.

Being that it is a kit car and not going through design-life cycles, I don't see this machine ever going out of style. One-and-done is my fun-car philosophy. Hoping to make an SLC in the garage a reality come summer.

Fran - I sent an email about 10 days ago and haven't heard from you. Please get in touch with me here or via email!

Thanks!

Jon Martin

Welcome Jon! And you're in luck since Cam lives north of Dallas and completed his car and runs it regularly on the street, at shows and at the track. Great guy.....PM him.

Welcome Jon. You might want to PM AllanSLC on this forum or Shane of Vraptormotorworks if you are looking to have your SLC built by someone else. Best of luck and I hope we get to see what UGR or Heffner does with an SLC based TT kit. Epic!

Welcome Jon,

The SLC, as I am sure you have already noticed is a fantastic car. Fran certainly puts together a wonderful kit. I am sure that you will be very pleased with the end result.

Let me know if I can be of any help to you as well.

Regards,

Erik Johnson
GBox LLC
(303) 440-8899 work

Jon; I'm west of you near Flower Mound maybe 40 mile from you. Shoot me a PM if you want to check it out...

Thanks guys.

Fran: Emailing you now.

Cam: PM'ing you.

Looking forward to learning/seeing things soon.

Jon, I am in Preston Hollow and take delivery in mid May. Go ride in Cam's and you'll be sold. Don't create a HP race in Dallas though :thumbsup:

Back