My new (Justin's old) Razor...

The transporter arrived an hour ago from Las Vegas with Justin's 2010 turbo ecotec Razor on it. I am very pleased with the car even though I've only driven it about 50 feet.

I need to do a few things to make it comfortable for me to drive it, but after spending an hour looking at how things are put together, I think it will be pretty straightforward with a minimal outlay for materials and a modest amount of time invested.

I'm going to do this first before tackling my SLC build, both as a warm-up and to have something fast to drive on a track before the midwest season ends.

Be warned that it is NOT going to stay red; red is one of my least favorite colors. I plan on shooting it in purple. Purple and black are my signature colors and with the black frame, I think it will look great.

The plan is to get it to fit me, take it up to Performance Autowerkes near Chicago to sort out ignition/tuning issues once and for all, fit stickier tires, get some track time on it, and maybe then do the paint.

I'll keep you posted...

JR

You are going to have the largest RCR collection outside of Clinton Township.

Somebody's got to do it...

The Razor was always on my to-do list since I had to give up riding all of my sport bikes after my stroke. The one I miss most is the 214 RWHP 6-speed GSXR 1452cc in a 1989 750 frame, no bodywork, superbike bars, 437 lbs.

This car might make me stop thinking of that one...

JR

Last edited:
First order of business: Trim bodywork to get back 6" of cockpit width...

Attachments

• 2013-09-04-0154Small.jpg
    2013-09-04-0154Small.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 468
Steering column raised 2", body cut to clear the tie rods, body cut for more cabin width, pedal box moved, fenders removed and mounts in process of being cut and welded for proper fender orientation, shifter relocated and braced, roller bearings on shocks installed for easy adjustment, front wing mount fitted, turn signals fixed, finally got the title so it can be in my name, seats almost done, got the tuner lug nut adapter so I can take the wheels off and get some proper rubber. Don't have brake lights yet and haven't fixed the firewall.

Hope to be on the road soon, then I'll work on the tune. My rollback wrecker is supposed to be done with fresh hydraulic lines by June 1 (drop dead date) so I can take it to Putnam Park.

JR

Back