slc Ls 376 and grazziano

Picked up the ring gear from Audi today it fits right onto the clutch assemble. The starter was sourced from one of my local suppliers according to the numbers from Francis I crossed it to a 1996-2006 Volkswagen Jetta 1.9 liter manual transmission just over 100 dollars, core of 80 dollars [we got that core taken care of] it fits nice and snug! The pilot bearing is not correct. We are looking at that as well as rcr the Audi has the same inside diameter as an early Chevy but both have the wrong outside diameter, If myself or rcr cant find the correct one we will just turn a ford bushing down to fit the crank and the Chevy bearing, If anyone is going to order this stuff for you're grazz the 07L105276 pilot bearing is not correct everything else looks ok so far............................

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The bearing should be 43mm OD and 15mm ID, 12mm thick...seems Audi parts guys cant get their part numbers right.
I have now put in a call to a local bearing supplier and we will find a non oem bearing that's an off the shelf unit and stuff Audi... sorry folks more to follow but for anyone that has already ordered a bearing from Audi on our "sayso" I will supply one free of charge

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Ten bearings arrived yesterday. We are closed for the Thanskgiving Holiday until Monday, but anyone that has already purchased an incorrect bearing due to Audi supplying us with the wrong part number can have a freebie from us...

Email Dean for more info on our return,.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Ten bearings arrived yesterday. We are closed for the Thanskgiving Holiday until Monday, but anyone that has already purchased an incorrect bearing due to Audi supplying us with the wrong part number can have a freebie from us...

Email Dean for more info on our return,.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Fran, I would like the proper bearing, I ordered/received mine from Audi with the P/N you provided.
Jim

We are getting close! have all the metric bolts for everything except the starter and I have decided to use longer ones for the flywheel to the crank. The ones that came with the engine seem a little short, and to no surprise they are both of an oddball metric size that is not in my bins. I will have to find a source for both, checked Fastenal on the way home with no luck. I have now been stuck at my real job since this am and am told I have to remain here until late Friday. I will have to continue my quest later!

Fran,

I did not purchase a bearing yet but would like to pay you for one of the ten please. I'll order the ring gear tomorrow or Monday.

cheers,

Craig

We are getting close! have all the metric bolts for everything except the starter and I have decided to use longer ones for the flywheel to the crank. The ones that came with the engine seem a little short, and to no surprise they are both of an oddball metric size that is not in my bins. I will have to find a source for both, checked Fastenal on the way home with no luck. I have now been stuck at my real job since this am and am told I have to remain here until late Friday. I will have to continue my quest later!

I sourced all of my metric bolts at my local Fastenal. In most cases he did not have what I needed (small store) but he would locate them at another store at have it for me the next day. Before he moved to town, the other guy would take 1-2 weeks for ordered items and charge be shipping.

I love Fastenal:thumbsup:
Jim

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Regarding metric bolts:
I try to use ARP fasteners when possible, as you can trust them. They are frequently sold in kits for a specific application. Their flywheel bolts are rated at 180,000 to 200,000 PSI. For individual bolts, I buy ARP metric stainless steel 12-point bolts and nuts from AllensFasteners.com. There is a shipping fee, but they have what I need and it shows up at my door in less than a week, which saves time and gas. They sell a multitude of other items as well, fasteners, electrical, clamps, tools, etc.
Just another source,
David

OK, the ring gear has been ordered online from Audi and hopefully I can get the pilot bearing from Fran next week. In addition to the bolts, what else is needed to install the clutch/flywheel? I presume I am going to need a clutch pilot tool? Any part numbers available for it?

OK, the ring gear has been ordered online from Audi and hopefully I can get the pilot bearing from Fran next week. In addition to the bolts, what else is needed to install the clutch/flywheel? I presume I am going to need a clutch pilot tool? Any part numbers available for it?

Craig, I'm curious as to what kind of delivery time Audi quoted you for delivery of your Graziano ring gear? Audi told me that I received the last one in the U.S and it would most likely take 6-8 months to get another.

Jim

Thanks for the link to AllensFasteners.com Dr. David, not as easy as boltdepot.com for finding things but they carry jet nuts and ARP nuts which I haven't seen anywhere else.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I ordered mine from an Audi dealership last week. It has shipped and according to UPS, will arrive tomorrow.

Craig, I'm curious as to what kind of delivery time Audi quoted you for delivery of your Graziano ring gear? Audi told me that I received the last one in the U.S and it would most likely take 6-8 months to get another.

Jim

Hey Jim,

I called a Dallas Audi dealer last week and they wanted $320 but said it would be shipped from Germany right away. Instead I ordered it this morning on https://genuineaudiparts.com for $240 + $20 shipping. I do not have a ship date commitment but I'll probably be able to let you know on Monday/Tuesday. Better not be 8 months, argh.

All I did was call the local Audi dealer and they got the parts from the warehouse nothing about a shortage. They showed up in several days. I sourced the bolts from Fastenal for the pressure plate and the arp crank bolts from summit {had to order some other stuff} I will see if I can get Fran to send me the pilot bearing. once I saw he had sourced it I looked no more. The only thing I am not 100% sure of is the starter bolts I think they are 12mmx1.25 but they wont hold anything up. The 7/16x20 I have are right there so I will have to do some more checking.

Back