Rcr gt40 mkiv

After reading the post about RCR's (Fran) 917's and 962's, which also mentioned the SLC and the GT40, I felt compelled to make a post. One of our new projects, along with the SLC, is a RCR GT40 MKIV. I am not the best at posting pictures, but I am trying to improve! I will start with the drivetrain. We were able to acquire an original 1966 427 side oiler with medium-riser heads from my friends at the Shelby American Collection. The block appeared to never have been run and was 2-2-1/2 thousandths undersized on the cylinder bores. The engine is now complete and all ready for the chassis. We also have a brand new ZF transaxle ready for the side oiler. The MKIV will most likely be used for track events including some vintage racing. We are very excited about this project and I will try to post as many pictures as possible along the way. I know that Fran has another customer (Don N.) who is also building a MKIV as well who posts a lot of pictures which makes me even more excited about ours. Pictures to follow.
-M-

What a project, a MkIV, my all-time favorite ! Can't wait to see more about your build... Thanks for keeping us updated ! :thumbsup:

Thanks Pierre! I was born somewhere in your neck of the woods Orleans France, but that was a long long time ago. I will do my best on the build and pictures [I am told I am getting better at both]....mahlon

D. Nye

Lifetime Supporter
I'm interested in seeing that big old engine. They really look great in the back of a GT40.
Don

Don't want to hijack ! But, can't resist, sorry ! let's say it's for future reference, for your build...:D

Here are some pics of one of the Kar-kraft continuations cars, taken at Le Mans Classic 2012, revealing its hidden underwear.:drunk::heart:
Love the luggage box, and the spare wheel...!

P1070531.jpg

P1070530.jpg

P1070529.jpg

Hijack all you want Pierre! Those pictures are great I think don may be in the lead looking at his post and some of the work he has accomplished and parts he has collected. I am working on it but there are always delays! Don I will be sure to get pictures of the monster posted[its all new and shiny]Mahlon...............

The latest episode of Legendary Motorcars ("A Rare Desert Find") on the Velocity channel features an all original street version of the GT40. There are close ups of the engine bay/cockpit, a review of the original build sheets, as well as some "spirited driving" by Peter Klute on Arizona roads.

Peter thought it was a good value at $3M, so he bought it!

Back