Need a good mechanic in Atlanta

I've run into a few things with the SLC I can't quite fix myself. Looking for recommendations for someone in the Atlanta area.

Thanks in advance.

i got no suggestions but what type of problems? As long as it isn't structural or engine/transaxle related you should be able to do it all yourself

First problem is P0507 (High Idle) - LS3 376/480
Car idles about 900 RPM
Stalls coming off power (like an exit ramp)
Fuel economy is terrible - fuel smell is present but no leak detected
If I wiggle the MAF connector (in air intake) I can make it stall

No obvious vacuum leak
Changed out MAF and wiring - eliminated surge when wiggled but not code
LS3 has minimum vacuum lines - all checked and no leaks detected
Think it's probably the intake manifold -
If that's the case I'd rather have somebody torque it properly

Second is AC needs a charge and leak fixed

Of course could also be tune.
Seller I purchased from had to replace the ECU because the car wasn't running well. He told me he went back to stock for the 376/480 crate motor.

Not sure if it needs tuning.

I would definately recommend getting it tuned - I used the crate GMPP ecu and it was okay to get the car to start but that's about it - it would constantly stall, it would pull 15* of timing for no reason, ran like ass, definately running rich (sounds a lot like your issues).

Regarding maf, you need to make sure it's in a straight 4'' section of intake piping, I think about a foot or so away from the throttle body. You also want to make sure the throttle body is attached to the intake manifold and not remote from it - having it far away can really fvck with things.

tightening intake manifold is easy
Torque on the manifold Bolts - LS1TECH

it's 89INCH-lbs as spec and all of the bolts have perfect access because it's not an f-body/etc...

post on corvette forum - I'm sure there's a bajillion shops that do work on LS engines and dyno tune them in the Atlanta area.

Kernie,
There is an organization in/around Buford that used to display at a few of the car meets that builds ignition systems for any engine. Last time I saw them at a show they had an LS setup. They had running displays at the meets. Had a card at one time but can't seem to find it now. I think if you ask around some of the hot rod shops they would be able to help you out. Just Googled ignition Ga. and came up with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7brPiTepOs

Here is another source:
REVO Technik
Buford, GA
1 770 271 4726
Revo Technik high performance ECU tuning files release the full potential of your car, with software that is fully adjustable to suit individual driving styles and the car’s modifications

Hope this helps

Bill

I second Fran's recomendation of H Craft. "H" was team manager for the Robertson Racing Ford GTs during their ALMS days, and still supports the same cars in vintage racing now. He knows his way around a race car.

He also built the Superlite LeMans that was at the recent Autofair show.

Many thanks for the info. I have sent an email to H. Craft and will follow up by phone in the morning. I work not too far from Buford so this might just work out great.

Thanks again

Back