possibly the sickest engine/tran package for an SLC ??

ive been dreaming up some pretty sick engine possibilities for my future SLC. im thinking of an RB26DET turbo engine from a Nissan skyline, or maybe even a 2JZGTE from the Toyota supra mated with a Graziano because i know it will be able to handle the power for what i would like. i could picture one of these JDM beauties mounted in the back of an SLC. if you guys have any input on this, or think of any better swaps..let me know how you feel about it.:idea:

Attachments

• 1dbac3fd740d22b76a937bd665be251f.jpg
    1dbac3fd740d22b76a937bd665be251f.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 3,536
  • 1000460bi4.jpg
    1000460bi4.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 6,103
  • 1993-mazda-rx-7-2jz-gte-swapr-04.jpg
    1993-mazda-rx-7-2jz-gte-swapr-04.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 10,847
Last edited:
I only know the engines you posted superficially but as for the sickest, imo that would be a TT lamborghini v10 (heffner's is working on one) or a TT masserati v8 (one member is working on one). That being said, it's great seeing something different. Welcome and enjoy. This forum is one of my favorites.

haha,thanks. yeah ive also been thinking of that swap as well, its probably the most killer swap possible, but that's just my opinion, and with e-gear of course. ive talked with Fran about this over the phone. he was saying that the software and all the stuff you need to run anyone of those engines would be ridiculously expensive and probably not worth it. but it could be done. but if you had the money to throw at it...then why not.

As the owner of an RB26 (R33 GT-R) I say go for it if it'll fit.
IMO the RB26 is one of the greats.

Tim.

man i sure will... i been researching it for a lil bit. the only other car that i know of that has a mid engine mounted RB26 is the Tommy Kaira ZZII

zz2rbdcu3.jpg

i have been searching on Raw Brokerage - Performance Automotive Parts and Service! for rb26 crate engine packages. This site has given me hope to find a legit RB series engine. the only hangup that i could think of would be turbo plumbing, and getting a RB25 RWD oil pan, which i could get from raw brokerage, and a Haltech ECU and harness.

Last edited:

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Well, whatever makes you happy, but IMHO you'll need at least 4 more cylinders to even approach the title of "sickest engine". "Sickest", and just downright insane, engine package I've seen is twin turbo LS7 - Stacey David’s RCR Superlite Coupe | Schwartz Performance

If I had an unlimited budget I'd go with a BOSS 9 with stack injection from Kaase. 770 horsepower and 730 foot-pounds of torque naturally aspirated :shocked:. It'd be a challenge to fit, but a Coyote is about the same size. Jon Kaase Racing Engines - Jon Kaase Custom Built Boss Nine Engines.
kaasestack400.jpg

As has been discussed before, most inline 6s, including the 2JZ series, are too long for the SLC, or any other mid-engined component car (e.g., Ultima or GTM).

LS engines are lighter, smaller, and can make more power for less money, compared to the Supra engines. They are usually the obvious choice, unless you are going on a real tangent like rotary power or because you have an attachment to a specific engine manufacturer.

I don't have an SLC in my near future but if I did I would love to try my spare hillclimb engine - Subaru 2.5 litre flat 4, 650bhp. Very low CoG, torquey as hell. Weighs 9/10s of bugger all.
Also my spare box would do the trick I think.

Hmm, seems I have the drivetrain sorted. :)

Tim.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I'm puzzled. Why would you put a sick engine into a sports car? Wouldn't you rebuild it first? :blank:

Don't worry Keith, we saw your daft post and I was amused. I'm not sure how "sick" and perhaps "extraordinary, awesome, best, over-the-top" relates, but that's my generation gap at work.

Keith

I don't have an SLC in my near future but if I did I would love to try my spare hillclimb engine - Subaru 2.5 litre flat 4, 650bhp. Very low CoG, torquey as hell. Weighs 9/10s of bugger all.
Also my spare box would do the trick I think.

Hmm, seems I have the drivetrain sorted. :)

Tim.

Its a great engine - if you can live with the irritating 'misfire'

As has been discussed before, most inline 6s, including the 2JZ series, are too long for the SLC, or any other mid-engined component car (e.g., Ultima or GTM).

LS engines are lighter, smaller, and can make more power for less money, compared to the Supra engines. They are usually the obvious choice, unless you are going on a real tangent like rotary power or because you have an attachment to a specific engine manufacturer.

man, they are quite long. i didnt even think of that. maybe the lexus v8 (1uzfe) would be a better fit than a RB26 or 2jz i guess. i havent heard of inline six motors not fitting in a SLC. but im going to do some research on that as well. ive talked to fran and he says that pretty much any motor would fit in a slc. if they can stuff a ferrari v12 in a slc, then i figured this would definatly fit. but this motor might be longer than that v12, or a v10 or whatever. i dont have extensive knowledge but. it just seemed to me that it could fit with no problem. and you are right. LS series would be cheaper...and parts availability is alot better than it would be for an rb, i would like to have something really unique out there. i see alot of LS series SLC's out there. but ive never seen any other engine in one except for a LS series.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Here ya go. $15-20K cheap (well cheaper than a lot of the motors going into cars right now), light, small, big power, available service. Go for it.

VDS Racing Engines - PartsComponenSales

VDS Racing Engines website said:
Engine #2
Gen II (2002) Indy Car Engine
Last used by Andretti Racing for Paul Tracey's second place finish in the 2002 Indianapolis 500.
Complete with coil beams, engine loom, sensors, flywheel.
Total miles on engine 862. Total miles since last rebuild, 556.
$24,000 will consider reasonable offers

Only needs to be rebuilt every 300 miles! :eek:

That's the falcon f7 engine bay. Similar to an SLC but not identical. Larger intake manis like that don't fit under the rear hatch unfortunately

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Its more similar than many may think....t

The SLC chassis and the 01 SLC race car were displayed by them to draw in customers to their car...our products were also used to fill their workshop during their open days.

The intake shown is designed and manufactured here in Detroit too

Back