Tornado and my SRT8 Jeep last night

Last night I was sitting in my Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 in the driveway of my summer place, talking to my neighbor with the window rolled down. The sky got dark, and we both looked at a funnel cloud as it approached. My neighbor said "I'm headed for the basement!" and ran for his house 1/4 mile away. With my bad leg I didn't think I could make it to my house in time so I stayed in the vehicle.

The tornado lifted the Jeep up, turned it 180 degrees, and deposited it about 50 feet away on the downslope leading to the swimming pool area. As the Jeep slid down the hill, the twister ripped the top half of the body off but left me cowering in the footwell. Then the tornado uprooted an oak near the pool and headed on its way.

When I climbed out of the wreckage, I saw the tornado had missed the house. The Jeep was totaled but the drivetrain and wheels were intact.

My first thought was to wonder how to buy the wreck from the insurance company so I could ship it to Fran and have him build a lightweight 2-seat 4WD frame with long suspension travel for the 420HP drivetrain. I couldn't find my cell phone so I started crawling around looking for it.

When my head hit the hardwood floor at the side of my bed, I woke up.

Swear to God, my first emotion was disappointment! Psychiatrists would have a field day with me...

Every word of this story is true.

JR

Attachments

• GC-SRT8.jpg
    GC-SRT8.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 215
Hmmm, Do you happened to have an aunty Em and a dog named Toto?

As disappointed as you were, just remember there's no place like home:book:

Back