materials list?

Hello all!

As I'm reading through the build manual and the build threads to both psych myself up and overwhelm myself. I noticed some things that I'll need to order mostly small things such as

Butyl tape for windows, lights and windshield
Rubber strips for gas tank
Surge tank for fuel
Grommets for lights, etc
Fiberglass/gel coat paint (looking to accent a color myself)
Coolant overflow tank
Misc odds and ends to complete the build

I was wondering where everyone gets these and other stuff.

I'm familiar with McMaster Carr, but find it confusing at times. Any other suggestions?

Eric, this is where this forum is your friend. Read over some build threads and take the advice of some successful builders. There are many innovative and very clever
builders here to assist you. Ask specific questions and you will get good answers.

Howard Jones

Supporter
McMaster Carr is good for a lot of stuff. I like to use Fastenal for hardware because they have a store nearby. I also have used Pegasus Racing parts for other things that hardware stores don't have.

Then I use Summit for everything I can. You will be surprised how much they have and can get for you if you have a vendor part number. Just because its not in the online catalog doesn't mean they won't get it for you.

Then there is Aircraft Spruce. Get their catalog sent to you. Hugely valuable information there on materials. Airframe grade source if you need it.

Other are:

Lefthander racing parts.

Behrent's Performance Warehouse.

Speedway Motors (circle track and open wheel catalogs)

Allied electric.

Grainger.

I would recommend putting together a library of catalogs from all of these and any others you come across. I also have a file in my computer that I save pictures of what I call "good ideas" with lots of pictures of fittings, brackets, mounts, body parts, and other nicely made pieces that I find interesting.

Lastly GOOGLE. It's ALL there!

And then there is this Forum. You can always drop me a PM or a email and I will be happy to give you a phone call to talk hotrods. Many others will do the same.

Back