Need RCR40 measurement please.

I just started body fit on an RCR40 and am having problems with the rear clip. The front clip, spider, and rockers are lined up perfectly. If I place the rear clip in position lined up with the spider and the rockers, the rear lower edge is about 3" above the mounting tray. I have the adjustable rods pulled all the way in as shown in the picture. The rear tray looks like it needs to be pulled up a good amount to match the bottom of the rear clip. All of the pictures that I see in the build threads show the lower edge of the rear clip to be flush with the lower edge of the rear mount tray. Can someone measure the length of their adjustable support rods from bolt center to bolt center as installed? My rods seem to be too long and the tray does not seem to be at enough angle when compared to other pictures that I have seen. Thank you in advance.

IMG_2432_zpse714fd26.jpg
IMG_2431_zps4fa815e3.jpg
IMG_2430_zps77dc6646.jpg
IMG_1893_zps1e62d3d0.jpg

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
Brian, mine measures 20" bolt hole to bolt hole, hope this helps. Also I would not rely on the thin aluminum strip to keep the rear deck stable, it will flex and move with use. I recommend building a framework similar to original cars to keep it rigid. I'll post photos of mine later today.

Back