Front Splitter Braces (Eyebolt?)

Does anyone have an idea were I an get some replacement eyebolts for the front splitter braces? Mine got bent, (not of my doing), and I need to replace them. I tried a place that specializes in bolts and fasteners but no luck.

It's the eyebolt part that "kinda" looks like the end of a heim joint, but is fixed and has a big enough hole for about a 1/4" bolt to go through it.

Ouch, these are high dollar. You can make these much stronger for less $. Get some Al rod and square tube. chop and thread the rod to length, then tap forward 1/4-20 on one end, reverse on the other end. You can get forward and reverse thread eye's at mcmaster carr. then chop open up the Al sq tube on one end as a trapezoid. Then drill so the eye can still swivel. I believe Fran uses Five star body race supports. i've had a few of those ends snap. You will have a hard time getting the recipe above to snap. I learned this trick from the guys in DFW that used to race the Gainsco Red Dragon daytona prototype. Unfortunately, they found a way to snap them with a 110mph collision. Not recommended...

Attachments

• strut.jpg
    strut.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 345
  • 465053527.jpg
    465053527.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 320
Ouch, these are high dollar. You can make these much stronger for less $. Get some Al rod and square tube. chop and thread the rod to length, then tap forward 1/4-20 on one end, reverse on the other end. You can get forward and reverse thread eye's at mcmaster carr. then chop open up the Al sq tube on one end as a trapezoid. Then drill so the eye can still swivel. I believe Fran uses Five star body race supports. i've had a few of those ends snap. You will have a hard time getting the recipe above to snap. I learned this trick from the guys in DFW that used to race the Gainsco Red Dragon daytona prototype. Unfortunately, they found a way to snap them with a 110mph collision. Not recommended...

Thanks, I might go do that. The custom made Forged EyeBolt Rod ends are almost $4 a piece for a tiny bolt, due to being special order.

I think I got EXTREMELY lucky and order the

Allstar ALL23022 6" Long Aluminum Spoiler Support with 1/4" Steel Rod End

from Amazon, and got them for $8.50 a piece, I think it must have been a mistake, because I find them now for only $28.50 a piece. They seem to be built a lot better and beefier than the ones that got bent. Thank you all for the help and advice.

Back