Vintage Air/Chevy of the 40's heat/Trinary switch wiring help

I know this topic has been raised many times, but I'm looking for help/confirmation/corrections on my wiring diagram for the A/C-heat etc. Does the attached look correct? Thanks in advance for help...

Stephen H.

Attachments

• Scan0002.pdf
    229.3 KB · Views: 350

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Stephen,

What you have looks like it will work, although your A/C will always be on. I put a push button switch between the A/C thermostat and the fan speed switch so I can turn off the A/C.

Check if the white/black wire from the Mastercell has an inVert module installed to convert the +12V to ground. If it doesn't (mine didn't), you'll have to get an inVert module from Infinity Box or use a relay to convert to ground, otherwise you will fry the circuit in the Mastercell.

Pete,
Thanks for the feedback, and will add a switch into the system as suggested. I did check the circuit for the invert module, and thankfully it is there.

Thanks again
Stephen H.

Stephen,

What you have looks like it will work, although your A/C will always be on. I put a push button switch between the A/C thermostat and the fan speed switch so I can turn off the A/C.

Check if the white/black wire from the Mastercell has an inVert module installed to convert the +12V to ground. If it doesn't (mine didn't), you'll have to get an inVert module from Infinity Box or use a relay to convert to ground, otherwise you will fry the circuit in the Mastercell.

Power is coming from the back of the fan switch and is only on when the fan is on. From there is goes to the ac rotary switch.
The power will only go to the ac switch when the fans are on and if the ac rotary switch is turned to the point where it allows power to go out to the trinary switch.

Last edited:
Thanks for this detail, Stephen. What is the "Chevy of the 40's switch?" Does that include a recirculating valve? Is it separate from what came with the kit?

Hey, after writing the above I realized you are the one I visited when I was in Florida in the spring. I originally thought this diagram was for your Cobra, but it must be for your slc right?

A.J.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
A.J. - The ""Chevy of the 40's switch" is an electrically controlled recirculating heater valve that comes with a rotary control knob. It is not included with the kit.

My trinary switch has 2 black and 2 blue wires.
The vintage air wiring trinary switch wiring diagram shows one blue to be grounded and the other to a fan relay.
Are the 2 blue wires just not used in this case?

Stephen

Attached is a schematic that Vintage Air and Infinity confirmed for me. I hope it doesn't create more confusion.

Attachments

• AC wiring with Infinity.jpg
    AC wiring with Infinity.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 289
Back