RCR - Assembly Manual

Dear all,
Can somebody help me with the link or even pdf document of the RCR assembly manual?

I really like the design of the new RCR website but with the new design, apparently, the online assembly manual seems to be gone.

Many thanks
reto

The manual is in the process of being re-hosted. In the meantime, you can contact the factory and they can send you a copy.

Glad you are enjoying the new site!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The last time I checked the instruction/build manual was supplied with the product purchased from RCR and was not available otherwise...but that was YEARS ago.

I'm hoping that has changed...I would like to have one so I can determine if the build is within my skill set.

Cheers!!!

Doug

Keith

The last time I checked the instruction/build manual was supplied with the product purchased from RCR and was not available otherwise...but that was YEARS ago.

I'm hoping that has changed...I would like to have one so I can determine if the build is within my skill set.

Cheers!!!

Doug

Doug, I was thinking that with your pile, you could well afford to pay someone to build it for you! :lipsrsealed:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Perhaps...but then I would miss all the aggravation...OPPS... I meant FUN!!

As usual, fabrication is always the problem for me...I spend a lot of time reading build logs and am always amazed at the amount of fabrication.

Cheers!!!

Doug

Why is this such a guarded secret? Is there that much proprietary information in the build manual? It's not like asking for the jigs or body molds. This should be common information for perspective buyers. There is a ton of information I have found on YouTube which doesn't mention the build manual but one would assume it is talking about the sections of this mystery book. I have watched these videos a lot already before even joining this forum and now even more.

I'm not throwing stones, I know from reading here that the website is being refreshed however,there are options mention in people's threads as factory options that are not mentioned or priced on the website.

Seems like before I drop $40k plus I'm going to want to read the manual too. The sample was enough to wet the taste buds but not enough for me to be 100%.

Back on topic to the original post. There is a wiki website that might give you a better insight.

Once you contact the factory and request our pa information, which you have to do before you drop 40k
the full List of options is listed and priced accordingly

We are always developing and designing cool new additions that are much easier to list on our PA
Our new website team has made adding this information much easier and the new Superlite site will include these options and information

Once you contact the factory and request our pa information, which you have to do before you drop 40k
the full List of options is listed and priced accordingly

We are always developing and designing cool new additions that are much easier to list on our PA
Our new website team has made adding this information much easier and the new Superlite site will include these options and information

Always good to know, Like I said I have been stalking these for a while and I have found myself going to the wiki and reading build threads to get an idea of what is to come.

I was looking for the window will has on his light blue car (vented) and something else. Anyways thats for a different thread.

Why is this such a guarded secret? Is there that much proprietary information in the build manual? It's not like asking for the jigs or body molds. This should be common information for perspective buyers. There is a ton of information I have found on YouTube which doesn't mention the build manual but one would assume it is talking about the sections of this mystery book. I have watched these videos a lot already before even joining this forum and now even more.

I'm not throwing stones, I know from reading here that the website is being refreshed however,there are options mention in people's threads as factory options that are not mentioned or priced on the website.

Seems like before I drop $40k plus I'm going to want to read the manual too. The sample was enough to wet the taste buds but not enough for me to be 100%.

I have to agree with you. One of the things that I wanted before jumping into my purchase was to see more pictures of key areas and information about the build via the manual. I got neither and jumped in anyway(mainly to get a lower price). I'm somewhat regretting that decision now - I wish I had waited for everything I thought I needed to see...but wasn't seeing. But my situation is somewhat different with the Apex, there is tons of info/builds on the RCR GT40's out there and testimony as to their quality, I don't think you can go wrong. My suggestion however is wait until you have all the information you think you need. No sense in rushing into anything - these are long term projects anyways.

No sense in rushing into anything - these are long term projects anyways.

don't wait to long, life's to short.
If you never start, you will never finish.

i still want an Ultima GTR, have done for the last 15 years, however i'm not ever likely to have the folding ready to get the initial large shipment of chassis and body so that might have to wait until after kids (20 years time?)

in the mean time i'm getting stuck in where i can with my GT40 and just enjoying having a project and making it my own.

PS if there is a section in the RCR build manual for "more time" im interested!

Ryan

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
You need a GTR

If you meant that comment for me, Fran...well, I'm watching the GT-R build logs regularly. I like the way everyone says body work is not necessary b/c the panels all fit well.

I am small enough to fit an RCR40, at 5'10" and 141#, and really like a "tight" car (have no issues with tight spaces), so a GT-R's extra space does not figure into my quest, it is strictly the amount of fabrication that would be necessary. The area of SW Kansas in which I live is 93 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart, so you can imagine how far I have to go to find a reliable machine shop to fab up various items. I have rudimentary welding and cutting skills, but no equipment other than a small cutting torch.

Other than that my Cobra has a dependable SBF that could be useful in building a '40 and having made furniture almost all of my life I believe that I could do an acceptable job with the painting part of the project. I do have a large shop where the build could proceed and the painting could be accomplished.

What I really need is one somebody has started and has given up on, I think...although I realize that might just be buying somebody else's screw-ups.

On a teacher's retirement it might just be a nice dream, but I keep my eyes open and look at all of the forum's "bot" notices, just haven't found anything that was tempting enough yet. In the end I'd rather have a "new" kit...if and when it happens...but the right desperate individual might be able to make me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Until then, I'm going to dream on!

Cheers!!

Doug

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
The RCR40 manual is now available online via the new RCR site. There have been the following improvements:

*Adaptive design: It’s usable on a smart phone

*Picture zoom: Clicking on any picture will expand it to its max size

*Search: Search works very well, just make sure you put rcr40 as one of the terms so that you don’t get matches for other cars

*Small improvements to content and formatting

We are also working on integrating some of the generic content from the SLC manual.

If you’re a RCR40 owner, you can send an email to [email protected] and we’ll set up an account for you.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Randy, you should be good to go. You're the first to try it, so let us know what you think.

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
E-mail sent... I have been requesting this since the new site launched... Link should be sent automatically to those who purchased within the past year.

Back