GT-R

Anyone care to share their experience in building the GT-R? I have seen some later posts but nothing recent. The car looks awesome just like all the other cars Fran and his team cranks out.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The kit is very new with less than ten delivered currently.
Although we spent years in development
A couple of our long term customers/friends have theirs and are sure to answer you

Check out Dean's GT-R build up in the GT40 Build Logs thread. It's about the only one right now that's online.

Thanks Dean for the kindness. I do have one question that I would like to asked if I may. Fran and his team have engineered some one of a kind cars for all to enjoy and build. Judging from some posts you have build more that one model, my question is this; Is this your favorite and why?

Charlie that's a great question. Yes it is my favorite so far. The decision you need to make is whether you want a vintage look or not. I have done 2 RCR 40's, had a Superformance 40, an SLC and have probably built like a dozen cobras. So I have had vintage and concept both. I am frankly, just tired of the vintage idea for a lot of reasons. The SLC would probably be as easy to build as the GTR so that is a personal choice. I really like the looks of the GTR over the SLC and I can see a strong secondary market with the track guys I run around with who own Ford GT's.

As for the build, it is a very easy car to build if you stick to the plan. A lot of guys get way off the main path with their car builds. They do some very nice, very cool work. You don't need to do all that to have a great dependable car. This is also the biggest car I have built. I love the idea of not being cramped inside the GTR.

I've done a lot of different cars and this one is on another level.

This is also the biggest car I have built. I love the idea of not being cramped inside the GTR.

This is one of the most important selling points for me. Sometimes it sucks being tall... But after seeing the reference picture of Deans son in the GTR, I know I'll be good to go in the driving position I want to be in. I love the SLC, but I don't want to lay back that far in a car. I want to occasionally track the car, drive it in a spirited manner, and also do some long weekend trips. Being tall, the GTR is "fitting" better than anything on the market right now. There's another car coming down the road that may also work.... I'll have to wait and see.

And I second the appreciation for posting up your build, Dean.

Back