Central Texas RCR GT40 builds/cars please

Hello guys,

I've been contemplating a build of an RCR 40. I currently own FFR MK3.1 Roadster #7072 and FFR Type-65 Daytona Coupe #503. I have exchanged a couple emails with Fran about building vs. buying a turnkey minus car. I feel I will probably end up with a build.

That being said, I'm 6' tall and currently around 240 lbs (on the way down). I'm broad shouldered and wide hipped too. I'm a tight fit in my Coupe and am in the process of modifying the seat mounts and lowering the seat directly to the floor to make it a little more comfortable. Also, I have considered the RCR GTR, but I really want the vintage looks of a MK1 Gulf car.

Are there any RCR 40 owners here in Austin or anywhere around Central TX that wouldn't mind having me visit you and just sit in your car/ ask you a couple questions? I wouldn't mind if you offered to take me for a spin too!! I'll be glad to buy you a beer after! I just need to make sure I fit in the car and that it is something I really want, before I end up dropping six figures on this build over the next year or two.

I'll be grateful if there is someone! Fran - any suggestions, Sir?

Ven

... I'm a tight fit in my Coupe and am in the process of modifying the seat...

If you fit in a Coupe - you will fit in a Mk1. It is actually easier (removable steering wheel) go get in and out.

I just need to make sure I fit in the car and that it is something I really want, before I end up dropping six figures on this build over the next year or two.

If you build the car and don't put a $30k engine in it you stay well below $85k.....

I will order in June...

I'm 6'2, 210. I'm not saying there was extra room but I was comfortable in my RCR Gt40 with a helmet. The more time I spent in the car the better it felt.

Thanks for the replies, Pete and Dean.

Pete - I've actually already watched your videos on youtube! I think I might have watched almost every GT40 video on there ;). Are you planning on an RCR build too?

I bit the bullet and ordered the kit in April. Fran's working on my kit right now and should be ready to pick up sometime this fall. The plan is to go Coyote with stacks (very similar to Dean's GTR motor) Motor will be ordered in a week or two. I sourced the transaxle directly from Fran. Ed @ Borla is already working on my ITB Stacks setup too! Dean has been helping me a lot too!

- Ven

Back