New Superlite Cars web site

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
The new Superlite site was launched today. Depending on where you are located it can take up to 24 hours for DNS to be updated. If you see the old site click on refresh and if that doesn’t bring up the new site wait a while and try again.

Notable changes include the following:

*The cars missing from the old site have been added: Nemesis Tandem, LM-P, Aero and GT-R.

*Massive improvements have been made to the configutor. All, and we mean all, configuration options are now shown. Many more options now update the visualization. For example, for the SL-C and GT-R you can choose from 10 wheel colors and if you choose the BremboGT brake upgrade you can choose from 4 rotor colors, all of which is reflected in the visualization. SL-C - Body | Superlite Cars » Made in the USA, Engineered to Win

*Huge number of pictures in the gallery. Customer Galleries

*The SL-C manual has been converted to an online, living document. If you have an SL-C and are interested in getting a login, please email your contact info to [email protected]. Note that once you’ve logged in you can sign up to be automatically notified of changes via RSS or email.

*Added some FEA and CFD images Modern Technology & Engineering

*Detailed specs for the Aero as well as the rules for Superlite Aero Challenge have been added.

*There is a Feedback button at the bottom of every page. If you find anything that’s broken, missing, misleading, etc. please let us know.

Going forward we will be adding more content and pictures as well as improving the manual. Let us know what you think.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Dan, it was a team effort. Flo did great job on the renderings in the configutor and for the Aero. Process with Will, Fran and myself was something like the image below... I'll let you figure out who each is...

team.png

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, if your not set up yet, PM me with your email and I'll see what's going on.

Dan, we don't have "versions" of the build manual any longer. Rather it's an online, living resource that will be constantly updated. Since v2.5 there has been a lot of clean up, and some new content. Wheels and Tires has new safety information from Forgestar, Rear Window Vents has been added, Grazanio Transaxle has been updated, etc. The index page has a link to page that lists summary changes and there is also a link to page in which you can get notifications of changes to the manual via RSS or email.

Now that the truck is unofficially sold, my only hindering in purchasing a SLC, I hopped back on the site only to drool only to discovered the updated site. Looks fantastic, awesome work! Walking through the options, my build price went up but I feel better knowing I'll get a more complete car versus the old site.

Fran, you'll be hearing from me within the next months or 2! I'd like to come visit the facility and put deposit down while I'm there. Or visit it when I pick the car up. I hope people can still visit the place. :)

Scott

Since there are so many ways to skin this car; which build, currency of design and to whose build standard will the manual be maintained.

Who is the daddy rabbit for the document?

Thanks

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Dan,

Good questions regarding the manual. In the first phase we changed it from a static document to a living resource that is constantly updated. We also to cleaned up formatting, fix broken links, removed out dated pictures (i.e., brake line layout, etc.) and provided a mechanism for builders to provide feedback and to received notifications when substantial changes were made.
<FONT size=3><FONT face=Calibri><?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
FONT><BR><A href=
http://www.superlitecars.com/parts/fuel-system-kit</P>

Rear Window Vents
We are working towards, better instructions which begin with a list of the required tools, materials/fasteners and consumables for each section. For example, look at the rear engine vent instructions that are linked on the page.

Once we have specified all fasteners needed in each section we will roll it up to a complete list. Although this will take time, but builders will get incremental value as each section is updated because the manual is now online. Once that is done we will work with Fran to determine if a “completion kit” will be offered.
<o:p></o:p>
Will and I are the ones driving the manual at this point and we welcome input and/or help. Will has built a SL-C and I took delivery of mine last week. I will be doing some parts by the book and some well off the beaten path;-)

Good info and good timing. Hope to have my car soon and have requested access to the manual.

Edit: I clicked on the link to the fuel system above but got the "website cannot be found" message.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Note that the search function in the upper right corner works very well. If you wanted to search for "brakes" enter "manual brakes". This will reduce to pages that are in the manual and skip parts, kit description, etc. pages.

Note that some pages are in "SL-C Manual" and some are in "Common Manual"... the later obviously a starting place for additional manuals being put online.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Dan,

Good questions regarding the manual. In the first phase we changed it from a static document to a living resource that is constantly updated. We also to cleaned up formatting, fix broken links, removed out dated pictures (i.e., brake line layout, etc.) and provided a mechanism for builders to provide feedback and to received notifications when substantial changes were made.
<FONT size=3><FONT face=Calibri><?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
FONT><BR><A href=
http://www.superlitecars.com/parts/fuel-system-kit</P>

Rear Window Vents
We are working towards, better instructions which begin with a list of the required tools, materials/fasteners and consumables for each section. For example, look at the rear engine vent instructions that are linked on the page.

Once we have specified all fasteners needed in each section we will roll it up to a complete list. Although this will take time, but builders will get incremental value as each section is updated because the manual is now online. Once that is done we will work with Fran to determine if a “completion kit” will be offered.
<o:p></o:p>
Will and I are the ones driving the manual at this point and we welcome input and/or help. Will has built a SL-C and I took delivery of mine last week. I will be doing some parts by the book and some well off the beaten path;-)

Scott- you make me want to start over! You have no idea how "stupid" I would sometimes feel when asking questions that had obvious answers to many. Thanks soooooo much.

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Mike, I've had my car one week and I've been at risk of having my man card revoked at least once already LOL

Back