SLC ford or chevy

Is anyone running a ford motor in there SLC, and is anybody doing it with a Grazziano. I imagine the ford mustang gt-350 motor will be available soon if not already and am curious between it and the LS in the superlite.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Although the cool factor would be huge, I'm guessing it's going to be at least $15K for the GT350 engine. That's a lot of cash for only 525hp compared to the LS376-525 that costs $7300.

Pete we have the ls 376/525 in it now with the grazziano the drivetrain is done including the exhaust. I just got back from an event with our mk-2 which like most of them is an all ford event. I was thinking if I change it to a ford it better be soon. I like the thought of the coyote motor, and at the last event those mustangs motors at that high rpm are impressive. Preston any pictures of your engine compartment or do you have a build log I could look at?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ford offers a "5.2L" Coyote crate engine but it does NOT have the 180 degree crank. The "flat crank" engine will be exclusive to the GT350 for quite some time.

Thanks for the link Ken it gives us food for thought. I am still on the fence of which path to take, the easy is in it. The hardest would be an Ernie Elliot nascar motor we have in the shop that makes 824.4 h/p that is waiting for a home. It makes no sense and would not be street able but I think a lot of fun. I like the coyote It sounds like a bit of work to make it fit but that doesn't scare me and we could street it. Our slc is next in line for finishing so I still have some time...........................m:stunned:

Back