Door adjustments

I am getting some scrape on the left door when I close it. Manual is absent on how to adjust the hang. Wanted some advice before I go tearing the door apart :)

Anyone have experience in adjusting the gull doors?

Thanks
-kb

The manual does indeed discuss adjusting the doors. If you don't have a current login to the online manual, email the factory (or me) and you can get a logon to check it out.

In general, since your car has been built for a long time, presumably the hinges have just come out of adjustment. It's pretty common.

One way to address this is first make sure all the hinges are securely mounted to the body (both the top and bottom), then remove all the panels in the way of adjusting the bolts from the hinges to the door. With a friend on the outside making sure the gaps are still correct, then tighten or loosen the nuts on the lower hinges. Open and shut the door carefully, and adjust further as needed. Adjust the top hinge as needed, but this doesn't move much unless it has drifted under the fiberglass- and you should be able to see evidence of that. You'll get the hang of it as you make changes and follow the alteration in the gaps.

If you have a paper or PDF copy of the manual- it's long out of date.

For some time now, the current SL-C manual has been available only online from the Superlite website. Every current owner can get access to the manual with a user logon ID and password which can be supplied by the factory.

IOW, the factory can't email you another one, or a link to one- you can only view it online.

This method allows us to update the manual once, and have everyone immediately see any changes, makes it easier to search for things, and does away with old copies floating around, so there is less confusion.

Back