Transport options

It appears my kit may be nearing completion!

I know intercity is a forum vendor and I plan to contact them for a quote - but does anyone have any other recommendations for reputable companies I should contact?

Yup, Stewart Transportation delivered two cars for me and no complaints. They kept you informed on the progress of each car. The GT-40 arrived in a Barrett-Jackson semi-trailer, which of course, brought out all the neighborhood guys out of their garage wondering what was being delivered. Instant help!

Thanks guys - I'll start making some calls once I get a firm availability date established for the car. Stewart looks interesting as they seem to have a whole portion of their site dedicated to factory five/component car shipping. I've had multiple cars shipped before but they were all running. Shipping a rolling chassis is a new adventure!

Howard Jones

Supporter
When I moved my GT40 and SLC to Tx from Calif. I used CJ-RO Trucking. They did it for a good cost (not the cheapest) and were very careful. Roman pretty much only moves high end cars across the country.

He does not start the cars. You drive the car into place and then he hand moves them on and off the ramp and wenches them in place in the trailer. They are not offloaded again until you receive the car at destination. Very long ramp. He clearly has done a lot of very low cars. We got my SLC in and out without doing anything extra to his ramp. This was my main concern as I called around for quotes.

My cars rode with a couple of Porsches and a AMG from Calif to Tx. I would recommend him again.

Roman Paun
972-693-1006

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
It's in the shipping room right now being packed up photographed and inventoried
We are closed thur/fri this week
So beginning of next

In case anyone else sees this thread - Stewart came in notably lower than the other folks I contacted.

Back