Superlite GT-R Fog Lights/Turn Signals

I am building a Superlite GT-R and am considering putting fog lights/turn signals in the lower front facia. I don't feel they need to be or look original, just want something that looks good. Does anyone have suggestions on options and the source?

I am building a Superlite GT-R and am considering putting fog lights/turn signals in the lower front facia. I don't feel they need to be or look original, just want something that looks good. Does anyone have suggestions on options and the source?
Im thinking of doing the same Mark, I think I have a mold for the buckets some where.

H

Jared V

Supporter
I am also interested. I have considered installing driving lights up front like the original Robertson car had. No car yet, just day dreaming.

I have looked all over the internet but am having trouble finding anything that looks like GT lights. I have thought of using cardboard to get the curvature on the GT-R, then walk around parking lots to see if any fog lights/turn signals would work. It looks like the new Mustang is a possibility, but it is a guess at this point. I would really like to put something off to the side of the grill area. I can see that others are thinking the same thing.

I pulled the mould out today for the Fog light buckets so ill get some going soon. Lenses are still available, but a little pricey.
Ill be doing a run on the tail lights also, plus some 3D mesh pieces for the rear of the tail apertures.
IMG_6658_zpshcj1jidc.jpg

As you can imagine having put this lot together I have moulds, lots of moulds!!!

I am also interested. I have considered installing driving lights up front like the original Robertson car had. No car yet, just day dreaming.

I wouldn't do that Jarred as they block of a reasonable amount of air to the rad. Okay at race pace but not at the traffic lights.

H

Jared V

Supporter
I wouldn't do that Jarred as they block of a reasonable amount of air to the rad. Okay at race pace but not at the traffic lights.

H

That makes perfect sense. Appreciate the advice. I just thought they made the car look even cooler then it already does. Some times function over fashion has to be considered.

-Jared

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The plan for my GTR when I get around to building one is to use a dual hi/low beam outer light and a DRL/turn signal combo in the inner light. I have done the same on my SLC. My BCM decides what signal is sent to the DRL. I'm sure you could get the Infinty modules programmed to do the same. The inner lights are always daytime running lights (in the daytime) until you make a turn signal, then the DRL flashes to show direction like most modern vehicles.

See here http://www.gt40s.com/forum/395286-post140.html

Last edited:
Hi Guys, once Ive had a chance to make a set for myself on the fog lamp buckets ill have a better idea on cost and time scale, I hope to get some done in the next few weeks

H

I did get started on the moulds for the fog lights today, because of the body splits on the kit I've got to come up with some slightly different moulds to the original ones so that they will bond in right.
IMG_7605_zpshxvrqme5.jpg

This is the heavy pair with out of the bumper mold with the right flanges to bond to the inside of the Kit car valance. Off of this ill pull some moulds then we will be able to make parts I think they will end up around $250.00 a pair in Glass fiber.
IMG_7626_zpsf8u6hl8d.jpg

As for the lenses, Ebay. Look up "Ford GT Supercar and seller Northwood, $295.00 a pair out of Detroit, or Email Scott Minch directly "[email protected]"
H

Last edited:
Back