Coolant Temperature Sensor

I am using an LS3 as the basic motor, but using the Holley Dominator engine control system because it will handle dual throttle bodies. I need to order a coolant temperature sensor, but wondered if there is a specific feature or model I should be using. It may be a question for Holley, but I don't know if there is much variation. Any suggestions?

The Holley Dominator connects to the GM LS temperature sensor that comes with a crate motor and was provided by Katech with my motor. The GT-R gauges come with a separate Speed Hut coolant temperature sensor for the instrumentation, along with sensors for oil temp and oil pressure. The Speed Hut gauge package is really nice stuff.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I'm using both the SpeedHut stuff, and the Holley management. I'm a bit limited on my approach to sensors, but I run the GM sensor to the coolant tube (for the ECU) that runs between the radiator and the engine, and then use the SpeedHut sensor for the instruments (located on the head). The only benefit I had with this was that it let me know that the pump was not on (indicated by high coolant temp on the gauges/light), and let the engine management work off the coolant that is circulating. I believe the Holley system lets you calibrate (or scale) the output of any sensor (which I think I had to do because the output didn't match the actual temperature).

Back