RCR 40 Suspension components

Dave Collins

Supporter
HI,

Does anyone have the specs and part numbers for the following RCR40 suspension components:

Front Upper control arm ball joint (mine have 4098 on ball joint case)
Rear lower control arm inner rod end (heim joint)

I had a search around the site but was unable to find any definitive specs. I would like to source replacements before I remove existing parts from the car.

Parts required circled on attached image.
(Fran hope you don't mind me borrowing your images)

Thanks very much for any information.

Regards

Dave

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_400 Apr. 08 13.04.jpg
    ScreenHunter_400 Apr. 08 13.04.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 616

Dave Collins

Supporter
I have done a bit of measuring of what I could get to and assume that the rear ball joints are:

Bore dia 5/8" Thread size 5/8 UNF
Readily available joint in this size have a thread length of 1.562" and an overall length of 2.625" from ball centre to end. This is the one dimension unable to confirm without removing joints.

Thus I guess Aurora AM10T and AB10T or equivalents would be the right joints.

Dave

Dave Collins

Supporter
Bit more research based on a comment that they are from a Chevy truck has led me to

Moog ES800883/ES800882 parts that fit a Chevy C6500. These look right but will wait for confirmation before ordering.

1-1/8 - 12 UNF-2A 5.44" Length

Dave

Dave Collins

Supporter
Bit more research based on a comment that they are from a Chevy truck has led me to

Moog ES800883/ES800882 parts that fit a Chevy C6500. These look right but will wait for confirmation before ordering.

1-1/8 - 12 UNF-2A 5.44" Length

Dave

Scrap that. Much too large. Reviewing Chevy parts lists again comes up with ES800743/ES800744 (Chevy W3500) however appears to be only joint that there are no quoted dimensions for! Probably safer to wait and see what RCR says.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave if I recall I think the uppers are actually tie rod ends for the chevy truck

If my memory serves me correctly - I had crossed them at one time to be tie rods for a GMC Schoolbus... I have lost track of the year and model..

Back