Racelogic and gated shifter

Michael Fling

Supporter
I am looking for a Racelogic traction control system and a gated shifter. I have been waiting on ECS tuning since November on backorder. (gated shifter). If anyone has a lead on either component, I would appreciate the referral.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I've been looking for a while. I did find a Gallardo shifter with an asking price of only $11K :stunned:

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Best lead so far:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,688
What cables did you use? Ones supplied by Fran or custom cables. If they were custom where did you get them and was there a part number. Thanks

Has anyone actually installed the Audi R8 shifter in an SLC or GT-R? I would love to have an improved shifter in my GT-R and this sounds like a great solution. I just want to be sure it works. I have not yet connected the shift cables to the transaxle, but I am concerned that the shifting may be the weak point in the driving experience with this car.

Has anyone actually installed the Audi R8 shifter in an SLC or GT-R? I would love to have an improved shifter in my GT-R and this sounds like a great solution. I just want to be sure it works. I have not yet connected the shift cables to the transaxle, but I am concerned that the shifting may be the weak point in the driving experience with this car.

Contact JohnB - I believe he has the first functional R8 shifter in an SLC. Sounds like a dream to shift from what I hear.

I just connected the standard RCR shifter in an RCR car with the Graz transaxle. There is no spring return to the 3/4 gear position and it feels a bit vague. has anyone looked at adding any spring return at the shifter or the trans for the cross gate movement?

Hi Preston:
Did you have any issues with installing it? You mentioned that you were able to use the cables provided by Superlite. What are your thoughts having installed it.

The gate is spring loaded.

As I am going to be racing the car, I felt that something other than the stock shifter was absolutely necessary. The side-throw was way too little for me, and I was afraid of missing a shift. Couple that with the lack of positive engagement/feel, no self-centering, etc. and it wasn't hard for me to make the decision to do something else.

The racing shop working on my car did the actual cable install but from what I recall of our discussion, it was fairly straightforward. You probably need to source the connecting clevis(es) or fabricate your own.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will need to add spring return to centre to the RCR shifter. The R8 shifter is worth a hell of a lot of money.

Allan was able to help me and suggested Jim Ellis Audi. The part numbers are #420711050 for the shifter assembly, #420713109A for the Sound Absorber and #4207013109C3Q7 for the cover plate. Total came to $1909.00 with shipping.

Back