Starter Button and Battery Switch

I am getting ready to start the electrical aspects of the build. The Infinity system looks straight forward, but there are a number of things that need to be added. I have seen starter buttons and battery switches in some builds. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best options for starter buttons and battery shut offs and sources for these items?

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I used a Honda S2000 starter button and I installed a Joe's Racing battery cutoff (JOES Racing Products 46200: Battery Disconnect - 2 Terminal W/ Panel Red Handle & Rubber Sealant | JEGS)

I installed the battery cutoff just to cut power from the Infinity System so it doesn't drain the battery.

If you use the "one button start" option with the Infinity system, to start the engine, you press and hold the start button and the ignition comes on then the engine immediately cranks. If you want to turn on the ignition but not start the engine, you press and release the start button. But if you now want to start the engine, you have to turn the ignition off, then press and hold to turn on the ignition and crank the engine.

I wasn't really happy with this start sequence because it didn't allow my gauges to "boot" before the engine started, so I installed an ignition switch and a starter button using the ignition switch wiring in the Infinity harness. I had to put a relay on the starter button so it wouldn't be live until the ignition was on, but it allows me to turn the ignition on, wait for the gauges to turn on, then start the engine.

Back