Connector Suggestions

I am starting the wiring process for the GT-R and would like to use plugs to be able to disconnect things such as the headlights, turn signals and interior lights. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of plug to use and the place to get them?

Delphi GT 150 and 280 series. They are OEM style, very clean and flexible in terminal numbers.

Waytek sells these as well.

Weatherpack are ok, but are much older type of connector and there are much nicer and new type that work better. I was terrible at wiring and James at Ballengermotorsport.com showed me the correct way to do wiring. Contact him at [email protected] and let him know what you need. He sells full kits for connectors with terminals and seals for really good prices. Here is a good page to get an idea. They also stock or can get all the connectors for just about any engine out there.
Ballenger Motorsports - High Performance Electronics

ive had problems with weather pack but never with Mil Spec there's a reason the military use them. there expensive but you won't have problems if done properly. i switched all mine over.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'd be interested in hearing what problems people have encountered with the Weather Pack connectors. Obviously I've not had any as long as they were used in the proper spec.

On occasion, the male pins bind and or the female receiver off centers making the plugs difficult to mate and I have actually bent the pins by mistake putting them back together.

Eventually I'm switching all mine to the Delphi 150/280 style.

Just my experience.

Just note that those are only 20awg and will not really hold any amps that we might want to worry about with what we usually need.

Just be careful with the cheap stuff. I have done a lot of endurance racing and had some race failures from bad wiring and now have redone it all with higher end connectors and proper sizing and have not had a failure since. Do it right the first time.

Back