Drive before body shop

Michael Fling

Supporter
Congrats Mike.

What color should we expect to see? :thumbsup:

Old school silver like on the old gull wing Mercedes. Yellow 12" center stripe with 1" black accent stripes on outside of yellow stripe. There will be some subtle deep blood red accent graphics on outside. Interior will be a 2 tone blood red/black. Alcantera headliner, leather elsewhere.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Sounds awesome. How long do you think until the big reveal?

As long is this build has taken me, probably the first of never. I really don’t know. There’s a lot of fine-tuning on the body work that needs to occur. Because my front bonnet hinges up, I want the underside bodywork finished out nicely too. I am having my seats poured to fit inside of the interior tub. In other words I will not have a conventional seat. This will be similar to the inserts/poured seats that I have had in my formula cars. They will be covered in leather. Another insert can fit behind that to bring it forward so my wife can reach the pedals and wheel when she wants to drive it. I also have a new gear set that has to be installed so part of the transaxle will be coming out soon. So the long answer is I would like to have it finished by spring. I want to trailer it to Tennessee and do the tail of the Dragon and some of the drives in that area, and in Arkansas.

Back