Moving to Asheville, NC

Retired in July and moving from Tampa to Asheville this weekend. Currently waiting for a moving truck to collect my SLC (in progress) and my cobra. Any builders close to Asheville?

i'm also in Avl... would love to meet you when you get here.

i've taken apart and put various cars back together and will be converting my miata into an exocet starting next month... i'm not professional, just a hobbyist...

Don't you have that backwards? Most people retire and move to FL. but seriously, congrats, Asheville is a beautiful area.

Steve

Supporter
They’re called Halfbacks. Move to FL from the northeast and realized it’s too hot/crowded so move halfway back

There are some awesome roads to drive an SLC up there. We tour the area frequently and soon with my SLC.

Enjoy the “golden years”.........

Thanks guys.

I’m originally from Ireland, and 20 years in the heat (and flat roads) of Florida was enough for me. Looking forward to the change of seasons, and driving around the mountains - although with the rain and cold in NC already, may wait for spring!!!

ust FYI, for anyone moving cars around the southeast, I had a really good experience with Atlas van lines. The dedicated an 18 wheeler for my cobra and SLC at a reasonable cost, loaded and unloaded the cars using a tow truck and wrapped both cars in mover blankets. Most of the guys involved on both ends were car guys, and took great care to make sure there was no damage anywhere.

Stephen H.

Ron Earp

Admin
You'll be fine in Asheville then and won't be called a Floridiot, welcome! Western NC is fantastic and Asheville a great place to live. Enjoy!

Retired in July and moving from Tampa to Asheville this weekend. Currently waiting for a moving truck to collect my SLC (in progress) and my cobra. Any builders close to Asheville?

Hey Stephen...I’m buying a SLC kit in the near future and would like to check one out in person..it’s a long drive to Michigan to check out their shop..lol..anyway I live in Greer SC on the North/South line..would love to take a look at your SLC and chat about it..thanks Scott

Back