ac belt part #

Ken Roberts

Supporter
It's not that simple Kelly. They all vary depending on which brackets you are using to mount the compressor. Give us more info on your setup.

Gates do belts in various lengths and they don’t cost much. I’ve got RCR vee pullies and sorted my set up by trying a couple of belts around the optimum leaving some for adjustments. It’s quite tight in there but you can set it up with the bulkhead removed and then any later tightening from below.
Cheers
Roger Allen

I am using RCR A/C pump bracket on an LS7 and 373K4 4PK0945 belt. I have a note from the time of fitting that 365K4 from RCR is wrong belt. <style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 120%; text-align: left; }p.western { font-family: "Liberation Serif", serif; font-size: 12pt; }p.cjk { font-family: "Liberation Serif"; font-size: 12pt; }p.ctl { font-family: "Liberation Serif"; font-size: 12pt; }a.western:link { }a.cjk:link { }</style>

Cody DeHart

Supporter
I am using the RCR mounting kit, I started out with the Gates K040365 but it appears to be too long. I just switched to Gates K040360; its about 0.375" shorter. It still seams a little long but better. If I go with a shorter belt I will not be able to slip it over the pulleys.

I think the K040365 belt is good with the Holly compressor mounting kit that is the lower passenger side option, this kit has a tensioner pulley.

Cody DeHart

Supporter
Update, I went ahead and got the Holly Compressor mount that fits on the lower passenger side Part # HLY-20-159 this bracket is specific to the SD7 compressor that comes with the vintage air kit and I purchased the Holly accessory belt tensioner part # HLY-97-156. With this combination I had to do some playing around with belt sizes but ended up with a Duralast 370K4 belt. I went out and beat on the car and the belt stayed on!!! Oh, one last thing, I have a LS7 for my engine, the combination above will work for all LS blocks I believe and it has different settings that come in the kit which allows you to run off the 4 rib accessory pulley or the main 6 rib pulley. I ran mine on the 4 rib accessory pulley. I hope this helps someone.

Back