Thank you Joel. I know visibility Is probable zero out of it but you could at least see the engine comp. It looks like we can finally start our build I will have to take a close look to see if its feasible................m

Joel K

Supporter
Thank you Joel. I know visibility Is probable zero out of it but you could at least see the engine comp. It looks like we can finally start our build I will have to take a close look to see if its feasible................m

Your welcome, many builder install a full time rear view camera. My kit is on order and that is the direction I will go. My guess is having a rear window may be a regulation for some but when I spoke with the safety inspector he said as long as you have two side mirrors they are happy, but I definitely want a better view than that so will go with a rear view camera in some form.

Steven is that just on the GTR or have they done It on some SLC's? I looked but couldn't seem to find any pictures.................m

Ken Roberts

Supporter
My SLC rear window is fully functional but only because I’m using a stock LS3 intake manifold. The LS9 engine would completely block the view though. Any type of top mounted supercharger or high rise manifold would block the view.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Here are a couple of earlier pictures of it. The visibility is definitely not zero. There is a plain line of sight right over the back spoiler. A rear view mirror would need to be attached to the top of the center dash similar to a C1 Corvette.

Attachments

• 001_zps9bd4cd6c.jpg
    001_zps9bd4cd6c.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 447
  • 013_zps01a6f614.jpg
    013_zps01a6f614.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Ken thanks a bunch for posting the pictures! It has helped me decide that I will add one for sure. I like how you extended the bulkhead using what looks like cut aluminum tubing and plate for the depth to bring it level with the roll bar, I take it for the fit of the interior panel. once again thank you............m

I went back and looked and I see you rolled the aluminum. When I get some time I will have to look at your log....m

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The aluminum is actually a 6 inch cylinder cut in half. It's definitely overkill. If you have good fiberglass skills you could probably make a much lighter version. I wanted to help stiffen the bulkhead in that area to help prevent cracks from vibration or heat/cool cycles. The inner panel bolts to the outer panel with six bolts around the perimeter.

Holy crap guys - did I miss this during the discussion when this car came up for sale?

Carbon Wrap SL-C — Superlite Cars

Whoever built this car left out the rear bulkhead panel altogether?! Note how you can see the rear upper chassis stiffening bars through the FRONT window. I'm guessing the cabin was pretty loud ...

Back