New Transaxle Option?

The new 2020 rear engine Vette looks to have a new transaxle option. Its a ways off but should be designed to handle 500+BHP. Tremec, paddle shift only

Oh, did we not mention the transaxle? (Note that we used the singular form of the word.) There will be only one gearbox, and it won’t come with a clutch pedal. Chevy has been working with Tremec on a new eight-speed dual-clutch automatic unit. The driver’s involvement in shifting gears will begin and end with the steering-wheel-adjacent shift paddles.

2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8: The Mid-Engined White Whale Is Nearly Here | 25 Cars Worth Waiting For | Car and Driver

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm planning on the twin turbo edition myself. IF the car is not butt ugly that is. I bought a new Ricardo from Ellis, that he had as a spare for his Ford GT. I wonder if GM will have all the bugs worked out of theirs ? At any rate, I'm patiently waiting.

Last edited:
I wonder how much the 5.5 flat-plane-crank crate engine will set you back:

But there’s some consolation: That engine bay will also eventually host even more compelling mills. The first to follow the LT1 will be a naturally aspirated 5.5-liter DOHC V-8 with a flat-plane crankshaft capable of a Ferrari 458–like maximum engine speed of 9000 rpm. Sympathy for the transaxle, though, means the engine speed will be limited to several hundred rpm below that. That engine should be good for at least 600 horsepower.

Back