Adapter Ford to Audi 016

G

Can anybody send me information on adapting the Audi 016 Transaxle to the 302. I need info on Flywheel, Ring gear, Clutch, Starter and adaptor plate. Also any info on shifter would be handy

The sort of info I was after was dimensions and info what parts people have used. It is my intention to build one for myself.

Thanks

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: Kevin B ]

Kevin, my GT40 has the 016 Audi Trans/302. The setup runs great and has been rugged. The flywheel and adapter were made by the Kit Car Center who made the kit (South Africa). I'd bet that Kennedy Adapters (USA)makes an adapter. We rebuilt the clutch with a metallic clutch plate and had to make a spacer for the throw-out bearing for proper placement. My trans selects on the left side so additional linkage is necessary. I've rebuilt the shifter linkage and got the play next to zero. Email me and I can try to provide specifics.

G

Gordon

I know RF has these parts, but will they sell
them seperately? Some companies (hello ERA)
will not!

Thx

MikeD

I see an interest in a source for the adapter for audi trans to ford. I haven't had any luck either and had decided to set my 302 block up on the mill and get the centers for the bolt/dowel patern and do the same on the trans. Sometimes my long lost background in tool and die comes in handy. What I was wondering was if someone could enlighten me as to whether it would be worth it to approach this like I was making more than mine. It wouldn't be a big deal to make a drill jig instead of just my own adapter. Your input would be appreciated.

Me too!
grin.gif

Here's the link to the web site on building the KVA GT40 by Ken Saunders. If you scroll down (way down) you will come to a section on the Audi 016 transaxle which explains, among other things, the details of mating the Audi 016 transaxle to a Ford small block.
http://www.gt40club.clara.net/kvabuild.htm

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: BlueOvalBlood ]

G

John Botha from Johannesburg South Africa supplies a flywheel with ring gear and the adaptor plate to mate the Ford 302 to the Audi 016 five speed transaxle. Because of the very favourable exchange rate, builders in the US and UK may find this deal attractive. The only problem is, John does not have e-mail. You can contact him by phone in South Africa +27114522183 (home) or +27829278878 (cell)
An excellent clutch pressure plate to use with this setup is the Kenedy Engineering 228mm VW/Porshe stage 2 (standard 302)or stage 3 (302 modified +/- 300 BPH). The only mod is spacing the release fork forward by 14 mm. I can supply a diagram.
Hope this helps.
Vic

G

Vic

I'd like to see that diagram.
If you can't post it, please e-mail to me.

Thx

MikeD

G

This to MikeD.
Tried to 'post' and to e-mail the diagram (850Kb jpeg file) to you but none worked.
Please mail me at [email protected] and I will try a retund mail.
Vic
PS I'm not sure how to post an attachment???

Dan sort of dropped the ball on this one didn't he. Sorry guys, I got pretty distracted with all the responses to the tornado ad and spaced this off. Now that the car is sold the adapter is close enough to the top of the list that at least I can pay a little attention to it now and then. In the meantime are there any specific features that you would like incorporated into its design? Drop me an Email and I'll try to make this thing work well for as many applications as possible.

Dan

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
To all,

Roaring Forties will shortly be supplying all parts seperately in the US via our agent Gordon Levy.

This includes the adaptor plate and clutches and high torque starters for the Audi / Ford match.

Please contact Gordon for prices etc..

Best wishes,

Robert

G

Thanks Robert.

I know you and Gordon were discussing offering the RF in "stages" in the US.
Have you reached that point yet?

MikeD

Robert,
Don't forget things like windshields. The desert rocks do wonders on them.
Thanks,
John
wink.gif

Back