Weber carbs

I have a V8 Roover 3,5L in my GTD40 and I am looking at putting Weber carbs in it.
Anyone that could tell me wich one would suit?
Tx
Rgds

Hi, Fred, I am glad you enjoyed the GTD club video of this years play. You have what?? engine in your GTD! Come over and talk to me about a serious engine before worrying about carbs. Happy Christmas and a even faster New Year. Frank

Fred call JE Engineering in coventey
44 2476 30 50 18
ask for Roy
regards Dick
smile.gif
smile.gif

Frank,
Yes, for the time being it is a Roover.One thing at the time,the GTD 40 first and next will be upgrading my dream...
Mxmass

Dick,
Many thanks for your reply.I will follow up and keep you posted
Mxmass

Hi Fred,
Nothing wrong with a Rover Lump - Our club member Tony Marsh uses a derivative and with twin T3 turbos he has about 630Bhp to play with. God I love turbo's !!

Wishing all visitors to the '40' scene, a very merry christmas and an even faster new year!!

Ho ho ho.

Paul Thompson
grin.gif

Fred some pic of my carb set up
engin bay needs a good over hall but it hase
been on the road for some ten years
regards Dick
album

Dick,

A saw your car on different pictures before.I love it because myne is in full Gulf colors and grey inside aswel...but I am changing to black interior.
I looked at your gearbox changer little pannel on carpet.looks great.Did you make it yourself?
Yes indeed this is what I would like as carbs
one of these days.
Many thanks to feed me with GT40 idea's.

I have two sets (new) 48 IDA's for a SB Ford with manifold. Let me know your requirements.

Dick,

Is that a J.W Automotive plate behind your
driver's seat or are my eyes deceiving me?
Also, what is the relative merit of the
carburetor tray?

Bill

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: Bill Bayard ]

Bill,
AH ! YES GRASSHOPPER YOU DO HAVE GOOD EYES,
you asked the relative merit of the
carburetor tray? stops spanners dropping to the floor,a place to rest ones cup of tea when working on the carbs.
sorry about that, it stops dust and water from coming up from below you can spot petrol leeks easily and seals the carb chamber,

regards Dick

Dick,

Having gone the multiple carb route in
a Lotus Elan+2 project some 25 years ago(twin side draft Strombergs), I opted for
a single 750 Edelbrock with a K&N breather for my 40(simpler is better). No need for the tray except for the coffee(don't drink tea).
So what's the story behind the J.W.A. plate? Let me guess, #1075? Is John Wyer a friend or something? Are you are a counterfeiter in your spare time? If so, make me one! It's a nice touch on a great
looking car!

Regards,
Bill

cool.gif

grin.gif
OK its a fair cop, it was a friend of a friend, nods as good as a wink no what i mean.
e mail me your address and i will see what i can do.
i also have had allot to do with lotus (loads of trouble usual serious) elans. my expertise was in fibreglassing, it was also about 25 years ago. the carbs were twin 40 d.c.o.e,s we also used K N s
filters are a good idea but, "i love to see thoes eight bell mouths in that rear view mirror"
and with filters it reduces the induction noise. love that induction
regards Dick
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

There´s nothin´wrong w/ Rover v8, as we know it is lightweight, and sky is the limit when it comes w/turbos. You can try twin SU´s, it looks good under the glass and gives reasonable power. I do not know manifold fitting for webers.

Jukka

Back