Wanted: Partially Built or Unbuilt GT40

I'm interested in any partially built GT40s that you may know about.

Thanks,

Doug

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Doug Barry ]

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I am looking for the same, but in UK
smile.gif

Hey Paul,

Well... I thought I did. As it turns out (after talking to my better half some more) it turn out that I'm not taking that plunge just... yet.

OFW This just means I'll have to wait longer. Or attempt to make it on my own. And, although I belief I can handle making the body myself, unless I get a hell of alot smarter and become an engineer I'm not going to be doing that myself any time soon.

Of course, if there is any one out there that can do the chassis let me know, I can make the body
wink.gif
he, he

Doug

Doug

Why not just buy the body/chassis and save
money by doing the balance yourself over time?

You can get any one of several body/chassis
kits now for $ 10k (including RF)delivered
to the West Coast.

MikeDD

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Paul,

No it wasn't me a the pub meet. Must be an imposter
shocked.gif
Which pub meet was it anyway?

Maxiboy

That was also an option. I was looking into getting either a partial built car or just getting a body and chassis kit. After initially agreeing to it my wife wasn't crazy about the idea.

But, I have another idea. I'm thinking of scratch building the body and chassis. Maybe make something in between the original and new GT40s. Hey, if I'm starting with a blank piece of paper why not?

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeDD:
Doug

Why not just buy the body/chassis and save
money by doing the balance yourself over time?

You can get any one of several body/chassis
kits now for $ 10k (including RF)delivered
to the West Coast.

MikeDD
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ June 05, 2002: Message edited by: Doug Barry ]

Hey Mike,

That is actually the one part I feel confident I can tackle. It's the engineering of the chassis that keeps me awake at night.
shocked.gif

Doug

Mike,

I wish I had a copy of an original GT40 body. It would make life alot more interesting.

I'm attempting to draw a set of blueprints from reference material and known measurements. I'm going to have a buddy build a 3D CGI model and I'm going to use that to make a full size body from.

Doug

:rolleyes:
Redcat said:
I'm interested in any partially built GT40s that you may know about.

Thanks,

Doug

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Doug Barry ]

Im also interested in building a GT40 kit but was thinking about buying a part buil one to try and keep the cost down?

Got any advice from yourself or anyone else you have spoken to yet?

Tony Haldane Bates

CURRENTLY BANNED
mad dog, I think you will find this is a dead post. Doug (redcat) hasn't posted for three years.

Have a read of this...."Name shown with posts - Use your real name or something close. Pseduonyms like toofast4u, etc. are not particularly welcome at www.gt40s.com"

Re-post your question and tell us your name. You'll be made most welcome I'm sure.

Tony

Tony, with due respect, I actually want to commend Mad Dog for resurrecting an old thread rather than starting a new one. When we log on we can see a list of threads with new posts, regardless of when the thread was created. Fewer threads about the same topic are better, they facilitate searching for and finding the information you're looking for and it cuts down on clutter and redundancy.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I agree the new owner and I chatted yesterday and he seems very pleased..
the previous owner was just too busy with the race team and their new commitments to the AMLS series to find time to build...he has told me that he will be a back in a 40 when time permits....

Back