ERA GT40 #2056 For Sale

G

MK-IV, did you see who is selling this? This is being sold by Fran Kress. Fran is one of the most universally known and, to my knowledge, well thought of fellows in GT40 circles. The prices of the things he sells via his Cobra Country site are not cheap, but they are nice. I got Ford GT chanille patches to dress up my seats and they are first quality. His prices are the closest thing to a negative I have ever heard anyone say about him.

On the other hand, Fran is willing to help anyone to the extent he can wether it is with an original GT40 or a replica. (I'll have the MKIIB he is selling posted shortly.) He is just a good guy who likes GT40s (and Cobras) of all kinds: MY KIND OF GUY!

Granted not all Vintage associations may allow this car to be eligible, but if Fran says it is, then there is one somewhere that will allow it. (Or maybe they allowed it since it was HIS car - he is that well known and liked.)

As to the VIN plate. Fran sells these also. I have a FAV VIN plate on order for my replica which will have the VIN number North Carolina will assign me stamped on it. But neither Fran, nor I (when I put my FAV plate on) would represent these cars as anything but what they are. This is an ERA car and there is no attempt to conceal that from anyone. It is just kind of a kick to have a John Weir plate on which to affix your VIN. His registration number is legally assigned to him by the state of Pennsylvania by the way.

So, I don't know what you would expect a buyer to beware of. Nothing being hidden here.

Fran's MKIIB is not a real MKIIB and this is not a 1966 Ford GTP40 MKI. Stamping an ERA # on a JWA chassis plate does not make it a 1966 Ford GT40 MKI. Without FIA papers,which neither of these cars will ever get, the vintage events that they will be allowed to race in will be somewhat limited. Fran's ERA looks like a nice car but it is not a 1966 Ford GT40 Coupe.
I know and like Fran. I've bought parts from
him. He's never told me anything that's not true, my only point is a buyer should beware that a chassis plate,or PA reg. does not magically make something ,something that it is not.
Jim

G

ERA GT40 Chassis # 2056 $115,000 OBO:

Essex Team colors - Wimbledon White w/ red mustache
Right Hand Drive
Chrome-Moly complete cage
Race 302 with 352 'N' heads
Black coated "Bundle of Snakes" headers
Super Victor intake/ Holley 750 combo
GT40 Aviad road race oil pan
Can substitute Gurney-Westlake motor w/ new SS headers
Perfect shifting ZF transaxle
PS Engineering BRM pin drives
Color coded Anodized Alum Halibrand knockoffs
Hoosier TD's
Cad plated suspension
Spax shocks and Eibach springs
S-W gauges and fuel pumps
Aluminum Gurney bubble
Halon fire suppression system
Simpson Cam-Lock harness

Registered in Pennsylvania as 1966 Ford GT40 Coupe
Serial #GT40P2056 on JW Automotive VIN tag

Car has been track tested and runs/shifts great. Car needs nothing!
Eligible for vintage racing, open track or can be street driven. (The
temperature ranges from 180-200.) For additional info call:
Fran Kress/Kress Shirts
(412) 441-4275 phone&fax
(412 441-5750 home (eves 11-11:30PM EST)
5920 Bryant St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15206

Disclaimer: I am posting this information provided to me by Fran Kress as a favor to him. I have no interest or connection with this car or the Mk IIB in the other thread. -- Lynn Larsen

[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

G

Here are some pictures:

ERA1c.jpg

ERA2a.jpg

ERA3a.jpg

ERA4a.jpg

ERA5a.jpg

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Lynn, do you have a contact for the Aviad oil pan, where to get one for a small block Ford engine? Isn't this the original manufacturer of the item that was used in GT40s to begin with? Let me know if you are able and have time...thanks, Jim R
confused.gif

Jim,

Aviad was indeed the original manufacturer of GT40 oil pans. I have an Aviad pan on my 347, and the sticker on it says:

Aviad Metal Products
11631 Vanowen Street
N. Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 998-8991

I think they run $600 to $800...at least that's what Bob Lawrence told me.

G

Jim, or anyone, if the Aviaid price kind of stings, you might want to take a look at Armando's Roadrace Oil Pans His prices have gone up a little since I bought mine. But $420 is better than $600-800 and it includes scrapers, windage tray, trap doors and sump.

G

ERA post aviad 55360 oil pan on their specs for a 289 will the same pan fit a 351w? don't want to make a 600 mistake

LLoyd

Lloyd,

I ordered a oil pan from Aviaid about 4 weeks ago. They were familiar with the car and stated it would not be a problem making an oil pan for the GT with a 351. They did not elaborate on the differences but did have a couple questions for me. If girdle what type. They did not know about placing the dip stick tube on the left for a left hand drive model though.

Back