BELLHOUSING WANTED

I am looking for a bellhousing to mate a Ford 302 block to a ZF 5ds25-2 (7 bolt) transaxle, also an inlet manifold to take 48 IDA's

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Roy:
ERA make a bellhousing which they will sell. Also, Safir make one which they will sell also. Bob Putnam posts on this Forum from time to time. Safir (Bob Wood) you can reach at [email protected], I think. If that doesn't work ocntact me and I will find the right address.

Jim,
Thanks for your reply,
The ERA bellhousing doesn't have the lower mounts as per the originals and thats what I need,

Hi Roy, I'm sure that you know this already, but the originals didn't use the 5DS25/2 box, they used the 5DS25, which have only 4 bolt mounts to the bellhousing. The original gearbox is similar to the later 25/2 type, but is slightly shorter.
The 7 bolt bellhousings were mainly used for Panteras, but with the box in an inverted configuration.
It might be worth trying Mathwall Engineering, I know that he sporadically has bellhousings made up, but they may only be for the 4 bolt originals.
I have an original 5DS25 box and bellhousing from an original GT40 and also a copy of an early bellhousing. If you would like to have a look you are very welcome, I live in Surrey.
Regards, Mike (aka Jasper)

The lower mounts on the bellhousing of the originals had a tendency to fracture and were deleted on later cars.
null

Roy, I have a Ford to ZF bellhousing on the shelf. It may be the correct one Im not entirely sure as I obtained it by chance. If can take dimensions from it and post them to you if required. It is definitely a Ford pattern one side and 7 hole bolt pattern the other. I can plot the holes and you could confirm with your gearbox.

Can you mail me, I cant get through to your e mail directly. [email protected]

best regards

mark Sibley

Back