UK Insurance

David
Try Adrian Flux on 08700 777120 they offer a very competative rate, I pay £270 fully comp for my Tornado. plus £30 for full UK & European breakdown cover.
Regards
Ian

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Does anybody out there have contacts for insurance for my car. I've had some crazy quotes so far so if anybody has any ideas I would be eternally grateful

MWGT40

Supporter
I had a nightmare with Adrian Flux and ended up cancelling my policy with them. They quoted the lowest premium in the first instance and then tried to raise it after cover had began saying that they had quoted on the wrong basis because of info I gave to them being incorrect.

I said that was their problem and that all info I had given them was correct. I asked them to prove it with their recordings which they couldn't do of course because I had given them the right info.

I ended up with Hill House Hammond who I found much more reasonable to deal with and about the same cost as Adrian Flux.

G

Also try the classic car department at AON. Also Competition Car Insurance can provide cover for road cars at good rates. Always ask the people quoting whether you get track day insurance thrown in. Some do, some don't but always worth having in my opinion. I also think one of these companies does not require NCB and give good rates straight away.
Malcolm

Hi David,

I am with Adrian Flux and found them very easy to deal with. I am paying £330, must be younger than PERRYS
wink.gif
, with an extra £30 for full RAC european breakdown cover.

I had to advise them over my trip to Le Mans and had no contact problem.

It may be the luck of the draw but they seemd organised.

Regards
Dave Champ

Just a thought, mine was exclusive of any track day cover and for 3000 miles per year. The annual mileage is a big factor. They said it was based on the engine cc (5 litres) but no allowance for power, so 500bhp is as cheap as 250!

Dave

David,
the proof of the pudding, etc here translates to "An insurance company is only as good as its payment of claims".

Has anyone here been unfortunate enough to make a claim on their insurance for an accident in a 40? I sincerely hope not.

Anyway, I use Aon, one of the companies mentioned by Malcolm and so far have been most satisfied with their service. I have a limited mileage policy which includes track day cover IF you seek their prior approval on a case by case basis.

So far (!) they haven't declined to cover me but my understanding is that they may well refuse cover for the 'Ring - but who can blame them for that???

I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm happy with them. So far.

Hope this helps.

Charles

MWGT40

Supporter
Whoever you decide to go with, a limited mileage policy is key to get a sensible quote and to show that it is truly a second car.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you one and all. I hope to take mine to Le Mans in 2003 ( probably the first big outing apart from some setting up and testing various bits are working) Is any body planning on going next year with their cars and which is the best route to travel on apart from the c/tunnel?
David Morton

My Lotus is insured with AON on a policy that sounds similar to Charles's. As I am also happy with their cover I asked them to quote for the GTD40 & was told they are not taking any new business of that type! only renewing existing.

The GTD is now with Footman James. Premuim is about 200 but I have'nt had any claims with them.

It seems to me if you are lucky enough not to kill oneself having a accident in a forty the renewal premium will!! I refer to the unfortunate chap who through no fault of his own managed to plant his forty under an articulcated lorry on the M1. The villian of this accident did not stop, leaving the driver lucky to escape with his life.
The insurance company duly paid up, but come renewal time his premium was hiked up from £400 to £1200.
One other point the company I was with previous to not only raised my premium by 20% when I'd been a good boy for the year, they also changed the small print track day policy by increasing the excess to £5000 or a quarter of the value of the car for any claim made. That to me could mean an expensive day out.
Just my experiance to date
Regards
Ian

David,

Everybody has their favourite, but mine is Portsmouth-Caen...

1] Its a great run down to Le-Mans

2] Loads of great cars all heading the sameway at the same time... in '00 we had a 'convoy' of over 50 cars, from Ferrari's to Fords...(If you can call it a convoy at that speed!)

3] Another key point is getting out after the race (everyone seems to ignore this until they've experienced it once or twice!), and Caen is good in this respect... you can get out of the Le-Mans area pretty quickly (in Le-Mans 24 Hr terms anyway)

4] Finally, the locals come out, set up deck chairs by the road side and wave the cars by... truly fantastic atmosphere...

Neil

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Neil,
Thank you for the insurance and Le Mans info. I am committed to working throughout most of the 24h event except Friday, which will be my day off and then afterwards on Sunday I have to straight to Italy. I'm hopefully taking the car probably via Poole or Weymouth on the Condor ferry to St.Malo which will be the first major run.
regards,
Dave

Back