GT40 replica up for auction in Australia.

Found this in the Courier Mail Saturday 22/11/02. Auction is on the 8th December at 7 Anderson St, Double Bay.Sydney NSW 2028.phone 02 9327 7311.
Only details printed saying it is 1999 Ford GT40 replica. Web site as Sunday 23/11 says catalouge not printed as yet. www.soldbyauctioneers.com/goodmans
Scroll down through dates to 8th Dec and click on "more"

[ November 24, 2002: Message edited by: GapLapper ]

more on car for auction. It's 1999 RFGT40, no info on paint colour, has black leather inside, 17000 miles, rego "BOSS 40" til 29/11/02. Has engine and vin numbers shown. Maybe Robert could enlighten us further on vehicle specs. Whether it was factory or customer built, stroker engine etc. Would Robert care to/can elaborate futher?

here's more info on the car. has done 15500km, injected 302-350HP, motec ecu, MSD ignition, legal exhaust with powder coated cats, straight through exhaust, 16X10 rims front, 16X12 rims rear on dunlop sumitumo tyres, air cond, vinyl seats, Audi 5sp box-no LSD, Assembled and completely finished by factory. As new conditon. Asking between $65000AU to $85000AU. Maybe a good buy for someone.

Ron Earp

Admin
Excellent deal!!!

Assume it sells for $80,000 AUS, that is only $44,850 USD. Bring it over for $4,000 and it is still a bargin. Sell the bits you don't want and upgrade, you'd have a great car. With Motec ECU and stack injection prices the way they are in the states you can sell that stuff and end up having the car for $40,000. Heck, why didn't I think of that?

R

Does anyone know if this GT40 was sold?

If so how much did it go for
confused.gif

I e-mailed them asking if it had indeed sold and what it went for but as yet I have no reply. Don't think I will be getting one as it's been some time now.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
I have purchased the car nd have got it in my factory.

The car was the first car I built and therefore holds a special place in my heart. It is the white car with the Ford France stripes (red and blue) and was built by a very close friend, Jim Shepherd, and unfortunalely he died late last year. I intend to upgrade the car and take it to as NEW condition. I have not decided to sell it or not but I already have one person very interested if I do.

The car is fitted with A/C, leather, LSD, a BMO gearbox (excellent ratios), Smiths etc, etc.

I will fit pin drive wheels, big brakes, Koni's etc, etc to her and what happens, happens.

Best wishes,

Robert

Back