Barrett Jackson

Barrett Jackson has three GT40's up for auction in 2003.
1. #1105 MKIII..one of four left hand drive
MKIII's built. Reserve.
2. 1967 MK1..one of eight factory built
road versions. No chassis # Reserve.
3. 1966 MK1 No chassis # NO RESERVE!

I believe that they accept American Express!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Bill, is there a web site for these? I would like to look and drool, I don't think I can afford them, but I'd like to see them...

1105 is the ex von Karajan car they try to sell every year

I think the one of eight is 1059 which was for sale at $ 695 000 over the summer and I haven't figured out the last car yet - and nor have Barrett Jackson who claim the only info received from the vendor is that it is black !

Funnily enough the Barret Jackson website is at www.barrett-jackson.com and they are quite good at updating it

Approps of that there are now two pictures but still no description of the third car !

[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: josvdp ]

[ December 05, 2002: Message edited by: josvdp ]

[ December 11, 2002: Message edited by: josvdp ]

The third car has finally owned up to being a replica :

THIS IS NOT A KIT CAR. IT WAS BUILT BY CAPE ADVANCED VEHICLES IN SOUTH AFRICA IN HOSPITAL LIKE CONDITIONS WITH THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY. AS YOU CAN SEE, THERE WAS NO EXPENSE SPARED WHILE BUILDING THIS BEAUTIFUL "BRAND NEW" ROAD READY ART!

Hi all
I will be attending the auction along with two friends from the UK any other Forum members going to be there for a meet?
If so e-mail me before the 14 January

Regards
Chris.

Darn it Chris ! The one chance I would have to meet you and I won't be here. I am headed to Ron Earp's home that week to help him on his GT.
OH well, maybe next year or possibly when I have the chance to visit the UK. You still
should let Gordon Levy know as his shop is not all that far from the auction. Also John Schnieder lives here in Phoenix too.
Gordon will have my GT40 during that week and I'm sure that you will see it at the Pavillions on Saturday night. Most everyone ends up there after the auction if you're a car nut. The Pavillions is very close to the auction ground. I think it's only 4 or 5 miles away.

Hersh
smile.gif

Chris,
I'll be here in town during the auction.
Please feel free to contact me with the dates you arrive etc.
Look forward to meeting you,
John

Hi John

We will be in town from 14th to the 21st my mobile No is 0777 5880 657 we will be staying at the Best Western Papago inn and Resort, 7017 E Mcdowell Rd, Scottsdale
Tel 1-480-9477335. We expect to be at the auction every day. We are also meeting Gordy Good another US, Forum member.
Perhaps we could get together for Dinner and a chat.

Regards

Chris
PS. Hershal sorry to have missed you.

[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Chris,

Will you be bidding at the auction??????

Will there be another GT40 in your garage?

If so, will you adopt me please?

Best of luck!

Bill

Hi Bill

I doubt that the prices of the GT40s will be realistic. There are one or two other interesting lots going through that may tempt me.
Regards
Chris
wink.gif

Jerry,
It's nice to see you're still around. I'm sorry for no formal invite but here it is anytime you'd like I'd be honored. I've wanted to come by and see yours again but didn't want to be a pest. The last time the body was in the living room. Probably the best looking furniture I've ever seen. I will never forget just how perfect it was and how much I wanted one. I'm glad to hear it's done at the shop. I will try to catch up with you this weekend. Flue it up it's supposed to be mid 70s this weekend. Perfect driving weather. If you lost my number e-mail me and I'll send it to you.
Thanks ,
John

Hi John, Jerry,Hershal, Gordon and Gordy

How about dinner on the 19th after the pavilion get together, Sounds like a good night out.
Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Best regards

Chris Melia.

Chris/John..

I will be attending Barret at least two days. I would love to get together and chat a bit at the auction or dinner. Would love to show you my ERA GT 351W if you guys have the time. Both John & I live in the same general area so maybe we could arrange a visit to see Johns project. John has seen mine but I have not yet had the chance to see his. (Actually he has not given me an invite) If you guys are interested in linking up my cell is 602-317-4713
I realize time will be short so I will understand if we cannot get together
Thanks
Jerry

Amazing : 1059 that was $ 695000 last year is no reserve this year - let us know what happens - will this tempt a buyer !

I saw that car for sale at Wetson's Dealership in 1973. They were asking $25,000 at the time. I bought my T-70 at that time for $7,500 and a 275GTB alloy long nose 2 cam from Wetson for $7,000 in 71. Sold it for $14,000 in 74. Thought I did pretty well...

Thanks Steve - they updated it after I looked this morning - almost exactly half the money he sought last year....

Back