Interesting GT40 car on E-Bay (USA)

I was checking out E-Bay (USA) and came across this interesting GT40 car. It is item #1875666065. I'll try to post the web link at the end of my note if you want to cut and paste. Vehicle is in San Bruno, California. Auction says MK 1 body, Boss 302 engine, '74 Pantera ZF transaxle, highly modified '67 Corvette frame. Auction expires 1/5/03. It is a very strange looking car. Huge rear flairs among many other body modifications. The nose looks kind of funny too. Anybody have an idea of whose body kit this car started out as? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7251&item=1875666065

Now that is one wild looking home built GT40. The body looks like he used radar absorbing paint thats used on many stealth aircraft!
shocked.gif

Hi all
this looks like a good car to part out to build an ERA or top replica. Its got the engine ZF and good uprights. If you got it $10,000 that is.
Regards
Chris

i-1.JPG

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The body is the original parent body that eventually became the T-3 with some MAJOR modifications
Hey Jim...whats new?

If you look closely ther is more history in the origin og this body. It looks like the older Kellison body that was updated and used by LA exotics, then T-3, now int he hands of Melson Motorsport in Colorado.
This seems like an idea for a new topic, a kind of who begot whom. Perhaps a family tree of replica manufacturers, a way to identify origins of manufacturers.

Back